Questions about my new PC.

I know half lifes been out a while but my PC right now is just a ramble of miss matched parts i put together 3 years ago and i cant run it and neither can any of my friends .......

But thanks alot for every ones help .... i was quite worried that i might actually NEED a sound card .... but as long as it runs im happy ... thanks again every body .

hehe terrible... by that time, it would have dropped in price too...and you didn't even get to play it yet!

Hows the computer building going then?

Just another question ....

Do you think with those specs that all be able to run most/all high end games at full bore .... includeing games to come in the future .... i know technology advance's but dose it look like im pretty much set for a year or two ?.

Yep, i'd say that system there would keep you going for at least a year,
though do note if the graphics do slip and suddenly your left with less frames per second than your happy with, and you don't want to lower settings in the latest games, just slot in a faster card and you'd be set again, as the rest of your system is top notch :p

Not that that graphics card is bad, as it'll run all new games and I'm sure alot of the future ones for a while. I mean I have a 9800 Pro, and I'm still playing new games at high settings, though at about 30fps (just about playable), but that card is much better, so expect more speed from them :)

I hope this helps. Good luck

Rhenerie said:
I've done some research and here is why i am getting the SLI mother board .

First off the graphics card im getting is not the BEST on the market but in comparison with the nVidia thats comperable and even the HIGHEST end nVidia it looks to be better . Plus i cant offord the best ..

Now i got the SLI motherboard because it was only a $40 upgrade and right now from what i hear, besides running at alot higher resolutions Duel cards are actually not as fast as single ATI's . But in the near future thats suppost to change ... so basicly i got the board so in 6 months when i wanna run .... who knows what i can go and spend 1k on 2 512MB nVida cards ... but for now i think the one ATI was the best bet for my dollor .

Makes sence but Nvidia has some pretty good GPUs out too. Toss in a 6600GT now, then add one later. Not many games out there now that you cant run at near max graphics with a 6600GT. Then if you like later you can just add another.

i just can't wait to get it .... i bet that 1GB [2X 512MB} Corsair XMS Pro w/LED's is going to look sweet .... plus it should be really fast :D its probably my favorite feature in my new PC .

Back
Top Bottom