** My Uberish Build!!

AuBrEy Online

In Runtime
Okay insted of my before specs how bout this?

Coolermaster Cavalier 3 Silver Chrome Finish with Window w/o PSU *Scan Exclusive
£43

480W Hiperpower RED Type-R Active PFC PSU - ATX v2.2 - 14Db
£51 inc VAT

MSI K8N Neo4-F S939 NForce4 1000fsb Dual DDR400 PCI-E SATA Raid Gbit Lan 7.1Ch Audio USB2
£69

AMD Athlon 64 3000 32/64Bit CPU S939 "Venice" 90nm Retail inc Heat Sink Fan & 3 Years Warranty
£103

512 Mb (2 x 256 Mb) Corsair TwinX, DDR, PC3200C2PT, Cas 2, Lifetime Warranty
£48

128M Asus PCI-E EN6600GT-TD Tv/DVI Retail
£128

80Gb Seagate Barracuda (7200rpm,8MB) - SATA - NCQ
£41

= £483 www.scan.co.uk

With these following specs could I run Doom 3 on ultra high, 800x600 at 40+ FPS?

Also what 3Dmark05 score should I be looking at?

Is there a better GFX card for the money? prehaps with 256MB?

EVERYTHING will be ordered from Scan <www.scan.co.uk>

anyone else with the same specs?

I am on tight budget! so not fancy stuff! ;)

Your specs are pretty similar to mine. I get 9000 in 3D 03. And thats without any major overclocking to the processor. I havent got doom 3 myself but I should think in that res it should run doom 3 fine in those settings. It will start to lagg though when going into the higher resoulotions.

The venice is a good processor with massive overclokcing potential. Can be overclocked to 2.7 on stock cooling (stable) !

tony williams overclock your venice to the max it can go without increasing the vcore. just increase htt 200 number in bios to 250 or something. you will see a big difference and your temperature will hardly increase. i see a difference going from 2.0ghz to 2.4ghz and i have amd 64 3200 socket 939 winchester.

its really not smart to run at 1.8 when that cpu can easily run at 2.4ghz if not more with default cooling. its almost like commiting a crime running that cpu at default speed.

From what you say I should look for an option called HTT in the BIOS and change it from 200 to 250 and I'll have 2.4 GHz on the clock?

Will there be a different in sound?

Looks great, and gig of ram just has this crisp sound though. However those look like some nice 512 chips w/ the low latency.

That looks like some very good specs there it should look pretty slick too. You might chekck your video card out with the others within the same price range by typiong in their model name on google and something like comparison.

Okay idea!

I will be building two! so I'll cut on budget on then build a 1337 one then!?

Everything seems fine!

But maybe!

Coolermaster Cavalier 3 Silver Chrome Finish with Window w/o PSU *Scan Exclusive
£43

480W Hiperpower RED Type-R Active PFC PSU - ATX v2.2 - 14Db
£51 inc VAT

I can swap for something else?
Arctic Cooling Silentium Midi Tower CASE 350W Seasonic Active PSU Superquiet

Will 350W be okay?

Back
Top Bottom