US grand prix..... what a joke...

mark thorpe

Golden Master
wtf??? this is rediculous... out of 20 cars, 14 have had to pull out... i really dont see what the point of having to pull out most of the cars because the FIA cant agree what to do..... grrrrr, i was looking forward to this one too... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DAMN IT! I only watch the grand pri for the crashes because all what happens whoever gets in the lead first is the one who wins it

ITV said:
MICHELIN TEAMS PULL OUT AT INDIANAPOLIS
Last Updated: Sunday, 19, June, 2005, 19:18
Click to enlarge

The United States Grand Prix has turned into a sad farce, with all 14 Michelin shod cars pulling straight into the pits at the start of the race.

Only the Ferraris, Jordans, and Minardis lined up on the grid, with Michael Schumacher predictably leading away.

Michelin had announced that its teams would not race unless a chicane was added at turn 13 to slow the entry speed onto the banked corner.

No work was carried out, and Renault, McLaren, Toyota, BAR, Williams, Sauber, and Red Bull all pulled their cars out of the race at the end of the formation lap.

“I have a really horrible feeling in my stomach,” David Coulthard told ITV's Louise Goodman.

“It's quite remarkable that we couldn't find a resolution in the interests of the sport.

“This is going to leave a long-lasting bitter taste in people's mouths.

“As a driver, I'm embarrassed, but we were acting under instruction from Michelin on safety grounds.”

thats what ITV had to say, they are, imo, the best F1 commentary service out there...

it completley sucks, now theres just schumaker and barrichelo (dont have a clue how to spell those names...) and a couple of the lower teams going round the circuit... its really boring, and loads of the people are walking out of it...

its soo annoying, i was really looking forward to this race, its a brilliant circuit, and with most of the cars not running, its rubbish... im annoyed about this, i watch alot of grand prix, and this is the worst race ive ever seen, F1 in the USA is completley ruined now apparently...

this is the reason why they pulled out:

33479_2.jpg

that happened on the first flying lap... and its a 73 lap race so theres no chance of them completing it...

yeah, i watched it, just didnt think it was a good race, and i def wouldnt be happy if id paid out to see it...

i love F1, and watch as many of the races as i can, and this has gotta be the most rediculous race ive ever seen... i doubt that there will be another race, or at least a popular race, in the US again... not after this disaster... i hope all goes to plan in france, and that michelin can sort it out...

That's a mongrel when something like this happens. Rejoice though, your team got up in the one dayers against Oz... :p

mark thorpe said:
yeah, i watched it, just didnt think it was a good race, and i def wouldnt be happy if id paid out to see it...

i love F1, and watch as many of the races as i can, and this has gotta be the most rediculous race ive ever seen... i doubt that there will be another race, or at least a popular race, in the US again... not after this disaster... i hope all goes to plan in france, and that michelin can sort it out...
Do you watch any motoGP?

safety reasons...

Mark you showed in the pic the reason they pulled out. You have to understand these drivers may be pompus asses but they are not fools and neither are the companies that provide sponsorship to the teams. It was a protest and I agree 100 percent with what they did.
Safety is paramount to anything else in the sport of racing.
Michelin in my personal opinion did the right thing.

Michelin had announced that its teams would not race unless a chicane was added at turn 13 to slow the entry speed onto the banked corner.

No work was carried out, and Renault, McLaren, Toyota, BAR, Williams, Sauber, and Red Bull all pulled their cars out of the race at the end of the formation lap.

The laws of physics can make wonderful things happen. They can also kill.

Back
Top Bottom