5.1 Surround sound

BobbyDRZA

Baseband Member
what is the big deal about 5.1 surround sound, I have both a audigy card that produces 5.1 and a Logitech speaker system that can produce it but when I switch into other sound modes such as 2.1 or 4.1 the sound is richer and the rear speakers produce more highs compared to 5.1, so why is everybody always drooling over 5.1 sound, it really doesn't sound better to me only more bass thats the only benefit.

Do you actually have them surrounding you. if you have them all right infront of you it doesn't do much.

Yes they are sourrounding me but I don't see the benefit in 5.1 I get better tone and quality through either 4.1 or 2.1, I have a SoundBlaster Audigy LS and yes it has hardware 5.1 support.

i find for music the 2.1 sounds better, but for movies 5.1 all the way. it's like being in the theatre.

personally i can't tell the difference except when i have the music really loud and in movies. Loud 4.1 movies-5.1

Yea. I can't really here my surrond sound at a low voulume. I got mine at at about 1/2 and I can hear the back, front, and center, as well as the woofer perfcently. And my god FOR MOVIES! Surrond sound MAKES A HUGE DIFFERENCE ON MOVIES. O yea and games. Before I got my surrond sound. I could never really here poeple approaching me from the back on CS:CZ. Now no one gets me from the back. I can hear the footsteps perfectly.

My friends always laugh at me when i tell them to shut up so i can hear footsteps,lol.

Well of course, it depends what you are running BobbyDRZA, and the switch might just do what you said, but 5.1 is to immerse you more with a centre speaker for dialogue and centre effects (though with 4.1, this is a virtual centre speaker)

With anything though, if the signal has to be stretched farther (music and games that aren't meant for 5.1) then of course some of the other speakers are going to loose out on some of the output since it has to range the sound through an extra speaker. Get me?

If you watched movies using Power DVD and such on 5.1 surround sound mode, you would notice an improvement.

I hope this helps :)

Back
Top Bottom