Good 939 mobo's?

anything with nforce 4 (socket 939 of course) chipset in the motherboard is the best for pci express. for agp socket 939 best motherboard is asus a8v deluxe, thats what i have. amd 64 3800, asus a8v deluxe, 6800gt agp. there are reviews saying asus a8v deluxe rev 2 is best for agp socket 939 motherboard. (dont get rev 1 they dont have agp/pci locks which are needed for overclocking very very high)

my asus a8v deluxe rev 2 (best overclocking socket 939 agp motherboard out there), is very good for overclocking, my amd 64 is overclocked 400mhz

trust me asus a8v deluxe rev 2 best in world for agp socket 939 and overclocking. Any nforce 4 motherboard best for pci-express socket 939 and overclocking.

Oh.. very small indeed, must be new...

What will those be used for?...

I think they are ment to replace PCI slots. the only thing i have ever heard that is going to be using one in the near future was a sound card. other than that i havn't seen or heard anything about them.

Ah right. Do they offer something over normal PCI slots except for being smaller? More bandwidth just like PCI-Express for video cards?

What sort of cards do you think could be made in the future to run off these? Are they building up to something? :p

they offer way more unshared bandwidth. I think per 1x there is 250 mb of bandwidth for that chanel (in theory there will also be 2x which is 500mb, 4x, and 8x slots). This is compared to 133 MB/s shared for all of your current pci cards. That's why this is such a big advantage. Internally on most motherboards all the peripherals are connected to 1x slots which should be really good for obtaining full gigabit ethernet speeds, while accessing your harddrive, and editing video over an external firewire drive.

Back
Top Bottom