computer life span

Hard drives are like 2 year not sure about the rest it depends how much money you spent on them. What i do is get medium Hard drives and before they die i copy all the data across to my new one and life goes on :)

hard drives 2 years?? wow, you do learn something new everyday. My 80 gb is doin fine and its about to be 3 years in November. Luckily, i just got a 160gb hardrive and i'm just using the 80 to back up.

Yeah, I'd say the computer itself, like the CPU and things has a life of about 6-8 years, though most people replace the computer after about 5 anyway.

i have had 5 HDD's last 5-7 years,
MOBO and CPU usally 6 years, RAM i have never had one crap out on me, and finally PSU i'd say 5 years.

Yeah, thats about right.

As long as you get good RAM and you don't overclock anything, this shouldn't really go on you for a very long time, and definitley not before the rest of the computers life time

If RAM is going to fault, it'll be right at the start or after a few weeks usually. After that, your usually fine.

but if you plan on playing games...you could upgrade every month..but i guess that if you get a good system and if you take care of it 4 years on the average for everything.

yeah :p A really mad gamer will update every month to keep on top, but I don't think this is neccessary.
I feel if you do this, the computer never becomes Personal, so its a C... and not a PC... get me? It just too quick of an update that will short your pocket, and is for people worried about updating, and does not know how PC's can really work.

Thats why they invented overclocking :p

oops i think everyone has had Hard Drives longer then two years :( i was talking about the cheaper ones by the way

Yea HDs normally last a while. My dad had a HD going on for 4 years. It was a 20 GB. He replaced it a year ago. He replaced not cause it broke. But cause it just wasn't doing the job. Needed more space.

Back
Top Bottom