Good 939 mobo's?

GRRRR

Solid State Member
I recently bought an AMD 64 3500 and I'm looking for a decen't motherboard to go with it. So far my choices look something like: GA-K8NF-9, MSI K8T NEO2, ASUS A8V Deluxe, GA-K8NS Ultra, MSI K8N NEO4 ect, ect but I realy don't know. What would be the best board for overclocking? Also is it worth to get PCI-express?

Thanks

I don't know about the motherboard, but I have a ABIT-AV8 on mine and its great. Comes with a Guru Clock, and some others do, which shows loads of information and allows you to overclock so much easier.

PCI-Express is the future of 3D cards so yeah, for a new system, its best to get it :)

MSI K8N NEO4 is a good one. right now PCI-E x16 and AGP x8 are just about equal. whever or not to get PCI-E depends on when your going to upgrade again. if you are going to upgrade again in the near future you might want to get AGP because the AGP graphic cards are cheaper, but if your not going to upgrade again for awhile get PCI-E.

Thats a nice MOBO. i don't get y they put PCI-E X1 slots in. i have 2 on my MOBO too and i have never found any cards to go in them.

Yeah i quite like that board :p

Shame about the A97 audio though, but most people will have a dedicated sound card anyway.

Do you know the answer to why most motherboards using high spec CPU's only allow for speed PC3200/DDR400 RAM? When some support much faster for more overclocking potential and speed?

No idea why the limited ram speeds. As for the 1x PCI I'm glad they have them in, in a year or two maybe those will be the dominant card. Also they got sufficient regular PCI. Last thing, remember internally gigE USB, Firewire, and RAID are all connected with PCI express which should give better performance.

Yeah PCI-E is a very good choice to have, and all motherboards have PCI x1 cards for updating things? Did you mean PCI-E x16?

Oh...didn't know that was even available? That works with standard PCI cards too though doesn't it?

Back
Top Bottom