Mouse cursor problems

Argotist

Solid State Member
My cursor won't respond to my mouse's movements. For example when I am using a program the cursor sticks for a second on some part of the programs interface and I have to jiggle the mouse to move it. And even then the curser movement is not smooth from then on.

I don't have as much trouble with it in my browser's main screen area, but when I have to use the task bar or some other menu function the problem re-occurs.

I have tried the following to fix the situation but with no luck:

defraged disk
checked mouse driver in Device Manager for updates (but none needed)
run anti-spyware and anti-vrus check
cleaned mouse rollers and ball etc.
run a registry fix program
run an auto repair program
checked mouse is plugged into socket ok

None of these work.

Can anyone help?

Yeah, its the mouse thats bad, especially if its one with a ball.

Just buy a USB one, they come cheap now :) If you can afford it (can get a okay one for a tenner) get a Optical one, they'll last you longer, and there more sentitive to movements.

No probs. I don't believe you tried all that though :p Must have annoyed you! But, mice can go pretty easily, just with every day use, especially those ones.

Did you try in the contol panel to change the mouse sensitivity? As a lost shot before you lay down good money. But since it changes in different areas of the screen i doubt that's it.

I cleaned out the mouse again this afternoon and there was some improvement. The curser is still sluggish in places but it moves when I manually move the mouse ball, so it is probably time I got a new mouse. I also tried using the mouse without the mouse pad and that helped also.
I suppose after a while the rubber on the mouse ball loses its smoothness hence the increased friction etc.

Yeah, just buy a nice cheap mouse, optical if you can since it'll probably last longer, and won't have to be cleaned every 10 minutes :)

Back
Top Bottom