Quicktime Plugin Problems

Scriptmaster

Solid State Member
I recently have experianced some difficulties displaying .swf format files in Firrefox (nav bars etc...) It displays a broken quicktime movie box, it seems as if quicktime is trying to handle it but cant. I sownloaded Macromedia flash player but it still doesnt work. .swf files work in Opera and IE but not in firefox.

Any suggestions?

Yeah, when you download the Flash Player, Firefox can be a bit funny and not install it in the right place.

It'd have to be transferred to C:\Program Files, Mozilla, Firefox, Plugins, to work.

If you go to Tools, Options, then select the Download tab at the side, and select the Plugins button at the bottom left, you can check if its installed it.

I hope this helps.

It says it is installed (.swf) What files shoukd I transfere to the plugins folder. At the moment the only files in my plugins folder that I would associate withflash are:
flashplayer.xpt
GetFlash
GetFlash.exe.manifest

yeah, thats what I have, so it should work :s

I have no idea why Quicktime is trying to use them.

Open Quicktime and go into settings, turn off the file assosiation to play swf movies, and then restart your pc. You never know.

I hope this helps

Didnt work, I have tried everything, its funny that opera and IE both work with flash though. And firefox worked fine before.

Ah, in that case, uninstall Firefox, install it again with the latest version :)

Flash for firefox is downloaded via an installer on the desktop.
You'll have to double click it and follow the instructions.
Don't try to download it from IE.

Flash for firefox isnt downloaded via an installer at all, you download it form macromedia.com like any other browser.

No, its not the firewall, I jave tried all websites with flash on, the flash just displays as a broken quicktime film strip.

Back
Top Bottom