Monitor upgrade looks worst.

Masterx1

Beta member
I just upgraded my monitor from a crappy 16' dell huge box to a 19' fuji plus LCD monitor. i plug it in a fix up the gamma to look like my old one but the text on the LCD looks fuzzy and the lines on the screen look broken. i changed the resoultion and color quailty on the system setting but the text still looks fuzzy. is this the way its suppose to look or is their a way to make the text / lines look shaper?

Did you calabrate it? should have came with a strip of paper that was a purplish color that you need to hold to the screen and change the settings.

Plus make sure when you change the resoloution, it is the optimum resoloution for the LCD monitor!

Most LCD's have a default resoloution of 1152x864, or 1024x768. anything lower than that and the screen does look distorted because the pixels on screen have to stretch (more than 1 pixel is used to show 1 pixel of colour on screen). So make sure it is set right and it will suddenly become sharp

I hope this helps.

Masterx said:
I just upgraded my monitor from a crappy 16' dell huge box to a 19' fuji plus LCD monitor. i plug it in a fix up the gamma to look like my old one but the text on the LCD looks fuzzy and the lines on the screen look broken. i changed the resoultion and color quailty on the system setting but the text still looks fuzzy. is this the way its suppose to look or is their a way to make the text / lines look shaper?
When I recently set up my Acer lcd, Acer had a notice stuck on the screen saying to set it to 1280 x 1024.

If you go here and get ClearType Tuner, then tweak your text to how you like it...
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

Yep,
all LCD monitors have a resoloution that is best for it. Any less or higher and it just doesn't display right, so in that sense, they are not as versatile as CRT's, but deliver crisp images at the right setting, trust me :)

Ah yeah, it was 1280,1024, not 1152,864 like i thought it was:

"Most LCD's have a default resoloution of 1152x864, or 1024x768. anything lower than that and the screen does look distorted because the pixels on screen have to stretch (more than 1 pixel is used to show 1 pixel of colour on screen). So make sure it is set right and it will suddenly become sharp" ^

Back
Top Bottom