service pack 3

hehe yeah...basically :p Though its not exactly a Service Pack is it per :p Its a new operating system!!! :D How much will it cost? About the same as XP?

New file system? SO something to replace NTFS you mean? Will this support older drives though with FAT32 or NTFS? for slave drives?

I know you'd have to format a drive for Windows for example, though what I mean is, could a slave drive just with files still use an old file system and work? Though it'd probably be worth formatting all drives to the new format :p

Open your Bank account to buy it, it looks terrific.
And consider also a wide screen monitor, to get a better view of it.

If you read the article it says it is supposed to be based on a'windows file system" No one knows what that is as they shut down and started over again in April.

Right, but will more than like still be NTFS because it is the safest so far. As to price I hear it will be about 20% higher than XP pro version.

hehe, the prices will drop though. Thats when i'll plunge, unless you lot tempt me by telling me how good it is :p

I have two monitors connected together..good enough? :D

man i'm not ready to lay down more money i just got my windows xp when is longhorn expected to come out. I hear it has 3d desktop and more user friendly.

it won't be a 3d desktop in that sense.
People always get confused about that, though it'll have the capability for some things to be.

At the moment, it uses 2D hardware using Direct X in software.

Though in longhorn, it'll use Direct 3d hardware to make all the windows, etc, so it should run faster on good cards, and better cards will have the capability to run more effects, which its the processor really that defines if you can now.

I have a feeling it'll come out in 2007, so still a long time yet

Back
Top Bottom