realplayer 10 problems

jim1

BSOD
Whenever i watch movies or movie clips over the internet realplayer 10 seems to play the movie realy slow and it never use to ive tried re-installing it and tried several spyware and adware programs but they didnt detect any spyware or adware so what is the problem?

Yeah, I don't like RealPlayer... I doubt it would be spyware though, its just RealPlayer uses alot of resources to open up and play things.

Have you got Windows Media Player? If so, go into Options and find somewhere to set it as the default player, and you might check in Options on your internet browser too, to see what its using.

Videos and things should then run faster then.

i hope this helps :)

Real Alternative is one option it's real one player and can read all the files but a little simpler and not so bogged down.

Yeah ive just upgraded my windows media player to 10 but thats why ive put Realplayer on becouse windows media player wont play half of the vids i want to watch it just keeps saying that the contents i want to play are on another computer and cannot be played!
Personaly i hate windows media player!

Hmm, there is a way around this.

Try right clicking a lnik with a video on it and go to properties on a browser, and copy the link location, and then go to File on Windows Media Player, then to URL. Paste it in, does it then play?

You could try Winamp, as thats a very good player. I don't even use Windows Media Player any more. It'll also read files from the internet and play them :)

http://www.winamp.com/

I hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom