When installing XP, computer jams

DVD's,,,

16mb of borrowed ram is not going to work for watching dvd's. It's just not enough.
Please make sure you hit the post reply button not the start new thread button.

Let's get this resolved guys one of these threads has got to go.

Yeah. You might be able to get some improvment though by going into the video settings. Set it to software emulation and it might run faster (or try hardware)

I hope this helps :) With Software, i think it'll use more of the CPU than the video card and so might run better. I know PowerDVD :p

Hi guys,

I have tried taking the RAM out and both of them are working. So what do i do next?? As far as the DVD watching goes i have a friend here that has a graphic card with 4MB and can watch them with no problem so i think it should be possible for me. Any thoughts on that

J said:
Hi guys,

I have tried taking the RAM out and both of them are working. So what do i do next?? As far as the DVD watching goes i have a friend here that has a graphic card with 4MB and can watch them with no problem so i think it should be possible for me. Any thoughts on that
This is the minimum requirements for Windows Media Player 9 Series if you want to play a dvd...
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/player/sysreq.aspx

Yeah but J's running on Power DVD...

"Yeah. You might be able to get some improvment though by going into the video settings. Set it to software emulation and it might run faster (or try hardware)"

Try that, posted by me, honestly, it might work!

Kage, can you please lead me thru the steps so that i get it right the first time!

Kage please lead me thru the steps so that i get it the first time.

Some of the system RAM might still be faulty if XP isn't installing.

though do this with Power DVD:

Press the Configuration Button, then go to the Video tab, and Disable, or Enable Hardware Acceleration, depending on what its on now.

Plus press Advanced in the Video tab at the bottom, and try changing the resoloution of movies to a lower, more friendly setting.

then, check in the Audio tab that you are not running any 3D surround settings, so keep it at Stereo.

I hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom