RAM issue

I fixed the RAM problem too. one has to be in section A and the other in B, and in the same colours. O ya the beep is gone now too. i knew it wasn't there before,lol. thanks for the help.

Ah right, kewl :) Why did you put 1 in A1 and one in A2? That would have been why dual channel wasn't working too :p It will now :D

glad to see you got it fixed... Now in post does it say that dual channel is enabled when you first kick it on.

FYI > Everyone

Post beeps are proprietary. They are used by and according to manufacturer and/or bios. Normally they are error codes but what each beep means depends on the bios and manufacturer of the computer.
Some beep once on startup =everything is OK
some beep twice = everything is ok
some no beep = everything is ok
check your bios manufacture site for those beep codes.

*not littrally by the way* :p

I'd assume it does if the RAM can support it and the motherboard can too. I'd assume it'd auto switch anyway. If not, just use Bios.

lurkswithin said:
glad to see you got it fixed... Now in post does it say that dual channel is enabled when you first kick it on.

Yes, it says dual channel. it switched all by itself.

no i couldn't and i had mine color coded which was really strange so i swithed so they were in a0 and a1 and it worked so that's weird. I just decided that i would try your answer but a little twisted haha

Back
Top Bottom