Help me Please

theprodigy8964

Baseband Member
Ok, after having my Compaq for a good 5 years, I have decided to get a new setup. I do not have a bunch of money to spend right now. My budget is 300. I do not need a monitor, speakers, hard drive, any cd/dvd drives, or keyboard, etc. I am currently running windows ME, and I cannot say that I enjoy my experience. :( grr.

Sooo, taking out 100.00 for Windows XP, that leaves my budget at 200.00 for a tower. I am looking into Barebone kits, and all of that goodness. I can use the 30gig hard drive, Dvd/cd burner, video card (old), and my trusty 56k modem on the new setup until I can get better parts. I think I have found a good deal on a Barebone at tiger direct.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1472817&sku=P459-2000 D

I know that you guys probably get alot of "Is this a good deal?", "Should I buy this?", and "What do you guys think" kind of posts, but bear with me, I am confused. :) So, IS this a good deal? Would this be what I want? If you have some secret super site that you could bestow on my unknowing mind, it would be helpful. ;) :p

Thank you.

thats probably better than what youre using now. if you dont plan to be doing too much with your computer that will be good. why windows xp??? try 2000 its good if not better.

Well, I like to play a game every now and then, but nothing major. I am going to major in computer science, so I am hoping to go somewhere, but I need a computer that can be like a stepping stool, until I can start my job.

Msi Msi Msi,,,

pcchips is IMHO junk. Stick with a major player for the motherboard. MSI/ASUS?ABIT?SOYO to name a few...

What are you planning on doinf with this system (gaming, general use, video editing)?

Back
Top Bottom