Floppy Drive Not Working

Kewl, yeah r53s, I thought this had already been mentioned and DoubleJ$ said he'd changed it and tried it, but I looked and must have been mistaken. This could very well be the problem! Good going :p

If that doesn't work, look at my post, and I'd advise you to get one anyway :p There so much better if your just transferring files, and do i need to mention how much faster?!

ya thanks. i already have a flash drive but the prob is that thsi comp doesn't have any usb slots. so where can i get an interface cable?

You should be able to buy it from a computer shop. Just say you need a ribbon cable for a floppy drive :) There a different size you see (slightly smaller) than IDE ribbons

You should try the new drive in another computer(you did say you had multiple computes, right?) and see if it works properly in one of them. If it does, then you can single out the drive hardware problem and know that it is infact your controller or cable.

ya i just tried setting up my new floppy drive on my good computer and it worked fine. I guess the ribbon cable on my old comp really is busted. well thanks guys and i will post back when i can find a new ribbon cable.

just to be sure before i buy the new cable, is it more likely to be the ribbon cable to the floppy or something that connects the cable to the motherboard?

Back
Top Bottom