2 problems...all help gratefully received!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JL10

Solid State Member
Hello, just hoping someone can help with 2 issues I'm currently having:
1) When I used to put a disc into either my DVD-ROM or DVD+-RW drives a dialogue box would open asking me what I'd like to do i.e.view files, burn to disc etc etc, however after uninstalling and reinstalling a both drives (bought a new RW drive which had to be returned) this dialogue box no longer appears (for either drive)?!?! I have been into device manager and tried various options to no avail!

2) I have broadband, but am worried that my connection just randomly decides to connect when IT wants to!! Sometimes I disconnect then it will try to redial straight away. I find this a little disconcerting! Am I running some programme in the background which is continually trying to connect? If so, how can I check this and change this setting?

Any help on these issues would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

In answer to your first question, that's the first thing I disable. So it's not a loss.

In answer to your second question, you say your on broadband,that means you are always connected to the web until you kill the power to the modem.

If on the other hand and your on dialup, go to Tools Internet Options / Connections put a dot in Never dial a connection.

For the dialing problem-
You may have a spyware dialer. Go start-run-type MSCONFIG and look in the start menu for any program you suspect doesn't belong and uncheck it. Reboot.
Then google to and install SPYBOT, ADAWARE. MICROSOFT ANTISPYWARE, SPYWAREBLASTER. and update and run them. Also go to trendmicro.com and run housecall virus scan.
Good luck.

Disregard my first post about the cd/dvd. I misunderstood.
Open my computer-rt click the drives-properties-check the autoplay box.

JL10 said:
Hello, just hoping someone can help with 2 issues I'm currently having:
1) When I used to put a disc into either my DVD-ROM or DVD+-RW drives a dialogue box would open asking me what I'd like to do i.e.view files, burn to disc etc etc, however after uninstalling and reinstalling a both drives (bought a new RW drive which had to be returned) this dialogue box no longer appears (for either drive)?!?! I have been into device manager and tried various options to no avail!

2) I have broadband, but am worried that my connection just randomly decides to connect when IT wants to!! Sometimes I disconnect then it will try to redial straight away. I find this a little disconcerting! Am I running some programme in the background which is continually trying to connect? If so, how can I check this and change this setting?

Any help on these issues would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Well a box shouldn't open by putting in a disk.
Not untill your ready to "tell it what to do"
Lets go from there.
Thats impossible.OK

pinballman said:
Ok call yor isp.
You posted it badly.Put in a blank pease explain this ?
===============
Autorun is not a fix.
==============
You don't make sense.

Pinballman we already fixed that "problem" it was just an option that wasn't checked. I'm pretty sure that we have fixed his dsl problem which wasn't really a problem either..haha. But it's always good to help

Are you lot blind???, pinballman is obviously bluto, DON'T encourage him! seti, where ARE you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom