Hard drive not installed

:( Maybe my instructions are just crap...

You sure when it is booting the windows installation you press a button (f6 maybe) to start the SATA isntallation, and then you press "Specify a disc" and then press Enter" to make it read the disk in the floppy drive?

By the way, is the power light on the floppy always on? try switching the floppy cable around on both ends, the motherboard and floppy drive. It might work then :p because it might be the floppy drive that isn't responding, unless it seems like its loading the disk, but stops. So try that!

the light in the floppy drive only shows up when Windows Setup is reading from it.. hmm, but if it should ALWAYS be on, then thats a different story.

nooo, it shouldn't be always on. I was just checking that it wasn't alway on, so its not that...

You sure your doing what I instructed? :( I'm getting stuck i'm afraid...

You select to Specify one, and then it'll run the disk. That what its asking?

If not, try to select one that seems the right one :p Maybe check your motherboard manual for the sort of SATA it uses :)

What did you do differently?

All I did was fiddle around with the cables, made sure that everything was properly connected. I'll try choosing any adapter which seems to be the best.

Okay :) I just hope it works, I honestly do.

Make sure when you pick it...you don't pick the wrong one! :p you'll do it! If its a version, select the highest, or for a windows, choose one thats related to XP :)

I hope this helps

TYPICAL!...i chose an Intel adapter (out of the possible four adapters (there was no "Specify One"...)), but of course, it still doesnt work! it still says "hard drives not installed"!!!! I MEAN COME ON. DO I JUST HAVE BAD LUCK WITH COMPUTERS?

Just keep selecting until you get the right one. So just restart and start again. One of them will be right. Don't worry :) i'd know if i found out more info, though you'll figure it out, and you'll learn from it too! :)

Come on, you'll do it, your almost there Phire111. I expect a medal after this by the way mate! :D Plus, you should have moved up a status by now :p...well...in another 20 posts...

Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom