New CPU, and Vid Card

Nik00117

Fully Optimized
Any of you intending on buying the new AMD CPU or Vid Card? I was thinking about it cause i'm going get paid 1000 bucks here pretty soon hoping the cost would be about 500 or so a piece. But turns out I hear 1000 min for the vid card alone.

I dont think a card will cost you 1000..... There are many video cards such as the 6600 gt that are good performers that range from 150- 200 bux. Try to get a higher 64 bit cpu.. such as the 3400 or above if youn can ( and a 939 socket one:) ) Since your workink with a large budget... you should have no trouble building a really good system. If i might make a motherboard suggestion try the MSI k8n neo n force 4 non- sli... it runs about 100 dollars. Corsair value select dual channel ram will run you about 100. By the time yo have the core compontents down... ull actuqally have a lot to spend on a really good vid card like a 6800 gt..... Howver u might wanna settle for a 6600 gt due to the fact that the 7800 gtx will be coming out in the next couple of months and will retail for around the same price of the current high end cards.

Yeah, woh! 2.8ghz...that a new FX chip?! (The latest runs at 2.6ghz)
I bet that will cost a bit, and more than the video card, though the video card will cost a bit too, though not 1000 (the processor could easily cost 800 odd though)

I'm not going to update though, as this computer has really just been built. I'm getting a job over the summer though to spend time somewhere and gain more experience, and will probably save up for my own PC (this is my bros really...he paid for most of it).

Don't think I'd choose the new technology though. I just woudldn't need it all (i dont play that much games for example). I'd probably choose SLI though :)

i know I'm not going get it. However I am going get a good CPU. And vid card. I also was going to buy a $$$ sound system. But I won't get that till i get my comp upgraded.

I dont care if it danced and cooked dinner i could net get my self to spend a grand or more on a video card or a prossesor lol.

Yeah, i'd prefer to spend money on a sound system too.

Theres really no point buying new technology when it comes out anyway. Some hardware enthusiasts will, which will then drop prices down ( :p) and then everyone else can buy them. Plus the FX processor at the moment will also drop in price, so that'll become more available. Thats the best way in my eyes!

Though don't you all do that!!! The prices would never drop!...go buy it :p

Buy an AMD FX 55 and overclock to 2.8Ghz cause thats all it is . But make sure its a san deigo i think causes it 90nm like the AMD FX 57. Anyone like the X2 4800+ if anyone gets it could you tell me how good or bad it is . Very interested cause apart from gaming i love digital media editting like movies and music. Cheers.

Also if the AMD FX 57 comes out the 55 will get reduced in price. *Tasty Offers Coming Me Thinks*. Mes getting me two of those lovely sexy 7800 but wait for the R520 to come out as Nvidia will luanch the Ultra if the GTX gets beat , maybe a 500+Mhz Product. *Feels like crying with happyness* its going to be fucking amazing im getting nervious just thinking bout having those cards in my hand. 15000+ 3dmark 2005 points just sounds nutz!

Oh dear :p Don't swear by the way GeforcebOY.

Yeah, it probably will be more worth buying an FX-55 then when prices drop, and you can overclock it that much then!

Story time. It has a point, I promise.

Wayyy back when the Xbox was first coming out, my friend and his brother worked all summer before it came out, so they would have the money to get it. Then the day it came out, they went down, bought it, spent all of their money and got a few games. The VERY next day, the price dropped by 100.00.

Was there a point to this story. I have no idea. But, if there was an inkling of a lesson, it was, 'Do not be hasty in your purchases when they cost mucho mucho amounts of mownay.' So, I recommend waiting a wee bit if you can restrain yourself from being an impulse buyer (I know, I am one). Then, after the price goes down, buy to your heart's content. :)

-Prodigy

Back
Top Bottom