Computer/Program Crashes

Hmm, no, not if its formatted. There is another way though. You'd have to get a bootdisc from

www.bootdisc.com

Use that to format the drive completly, though you'll need a floppy drive to put it on to. You then reboot and it should load, and you can choose

c:\ *enter*

Format C:

Finally press 'Y' *Enter*

and it'll wipe, then try the XP CD again

Weird though... I hope this helps :)

That is usually a memory problem. Remove every thing except 1 stick of memory and the video card. If it fails again swap the memory.

Yeah thats kewl. This didn't occur to me though since it wasn't completly crashing and only failing on some, so thats why I didn't mention that, though you're right it could be the cause.

I wonder why so many memory problems are appearing now?...they cause the most weirdest of problems

I've just checked Google...

...and the webbase.enu or .enu files didn't come up with anything :( So I have no idea what that is, because we could have found out what is causing it.

"I just installed new memory about a week ago, great idea."

Yeah, in that case, one of them could be faulty! Good one Per :)

I tookj out the memory, and it seems to be working, ill tell you when i finish installing. Thank you guys so much.

Hey thank per :p I just didn't think it would be that, but like I said, RAM can cause the strangest of errors :)

Yeah, and hard drives when you have an earlier one from another windows :p Oh well, things are looking up :)

Back
Top Bottom