AGP slot???

dirtyoldman

Baseband Member
On my dell on top of the pci slots there seems to be a spce for a agp slot but the b@stards not there, seeing as I want a semi-decent graphics card would I be able to fit one in or is there anything else I can do other than forking out the cash for a new motherboard?

Hmm... you can get PCI cards that are still alright, and some reletivly new which will should run new games, though don't know how fast. You'll just have to look around :p (Make sure its not PCI-E)

Though in the long run, its best to overhaul your motherboard... though then you'd probably have to change your CPU and memory, and so on...

I hope this helps :)

Do you have the manufacturer and model of your motherboard? That would help a lot just to make sure of what you've got there.

umm not too sure of what the actual motherboard is but it is as standard with dell dimension 2400

dell-dimension-2400_open.jpg

Yep, definitely not an AGP slot. You'll have to do like Kage said and get a plain old PCI gfx card.

It probably has the 845gv or 865gv chipset with onboard extreme graphics, and that's the reason they don't include an AGP slot.
This is a value board not meant for hard gaming.

Yeah. You should be able to get a pretty good PCI card though if you look carefuly that will play new games, though like I said, no idea how well...hopefully not so different if you can get a rather up to date card...

I wouldnt touch a PCI card if you a gamer. Get a cheap motherboard, even if its a budget motherboard and a decent card, you'll still be getting more out of it.

Back
Top Bottom