Built Finally

Vandiyan

In Runtime
Well I finally got my new computer built last night after months and months of saving to buy parts. Got everything installed and booted up on first try. Not too bad for my first time ever building a computer. But I just wanted to say thank you to everyone here on this forum who has helped me over the last few months. Without the help of this community I would have never been able to do it.

That out of the way I do have a question or two. The motherboard that I am using is the Asus K8NE-Deluxe and the case that I am using is a RaidMax 668 gaming case. The question I have is, I think that I have all of the audio connectors placed right but I can not really tell since I do not have speakers as of right now. Would I still be able to have sound through the small little speaker that is on the case. I figured I should be able to but once XP installed last night I had no sound at all. I am thinking that I may have connected the cable backwards on the motherboard. The only indicator of which way to connect it was a little arrow on the wire coming from the case. Does anyone know if this arrow would go on the ground side or the other side since it only had two prongs. The links to the board and the case's website are listed below.

Motherboard
http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/socket754/k8n-e_d/overview.htm

Case
http://raidmax.com/product.php?pid=19

Hey. That speaker connected to the motherboard is really just for dos use and only comes on if you have no sound installed on your PC via a sound card (beeps when none is there when you select stuff).

But you do have a sound card built into that motherboard which will be activated (just just have no external speakers connected to hear it):

AI Audio (8-channel Audio)

So that is why the onboard motherboard speaker wont be working while running the computer (see a volume control on the task bar on the right? This shows you have souind installed)

So you'll have to buy an external set of speakers to fit into the motherboard socket (green for stereo) linked to the sound card. Because that is 8 channel, you could also get a really good speaker arrangement going if you wanted for surround games. So if you wanted to use the one on the motherboard for sound, I'm afraid thats not really possible...

You could buy a cheap stereo set if you wern't bothered about sound. Just make sure they are multimedia speakers with 3.5mm jacks :)

I hope this helps :)

Thank you very much for the fast help. Im glad to know that I didnt really do anything wrong. I was just worried because my other POS computer that I had before it still had sound coming from inside the computer eventhough I did not have any speakers. Again thank you very much for the help.

Yeah, that one probably doesn't have the sound card setup and thats why your getting beeps from the inside.

I'm glad I could be of some help :) I'm also glad your systems now working top notch :p Well done on the build! :D

if you got a pair of headphones handy, you can test for sound coming from your audio ports. Congrats on the new build! Gives me a RUSH everytime I build a new one and boot it up for the first time!

Yeah, this (the one in my sig) is the first one I built on my own :D
I really enjoyed doing it, though I was half the time running to a radiator to earth my hands :p (couldn't buy a protector)

Back
Top Bottom