Computer/Program Crashes

Hurlyman

Solid State Member
Hi there,
I was playing Call of Duty on my computer today. When I was loading a new map, my app decided to freeze. It came up with a CODUO error and it said it needed to shut down. So the program closed down, and I decided to restart it. The same error popped up as i tried 3 or 4 more times. I then proceded to restart my computer, and just after i clicked on my name to log in, it says a log file has been altered. Then the comp crashes. I restart and the error does not come up, but i try to start my firefox, and it says the .exe has been changed. Then it crashes. I try this a few times, and everyother time the log file error would come up. I then decided to insert my Windows XP CD and try to repair the installation, which didnt work. Then i proceded to just wipe the hard drive and start all over again. I get all the way to the files that start with T and it says they cant be found on my disk. I have no clue what to do. Any help would be more than appreciated.

Yeah, it seems like you had a virus on your system :( Did you have updated virus protection and protection programs like that installed? I advise on the next installation you do.

Try running in Safe Mode (though i doubt this will work now. F8 at bootup)
If this works, fine, and backup data though don't back up EXE files as these will contain the virus!

If it doesn't, i'm afraid you've lost it all adn just insert the windows disc and perform an installation which will format the disc :( Its the only way!

I hope this helps :)

Thank you,
Everything improtant i need is either on a disk or on my other computer, so its no big deal reformating. My only problem is that when i try to install windows it says some files a re missing from the disk. I had to hit escape about 8-10 times and then it finished. Is there anyway i can go back and put those files in later?

Thats kewl then :D Glad you've been backing up!

No not really...it'd be messy to do it that way, and I'd have no idea where to start. Plus you wouldn't know which ones, though Windows probably won't boot up without those files.

That means though you have a faulty or scratched Windows disc :( You'll have to get a replacement, since the drives obviously having trouble reading it.

By any chance have you got more than 1 cd drive? Try it on the other one if you have, as some drives are more capable of reading scratched discs than others.

If you can't replace the Windows disc, you can get fixers (though only for light scratches, and won't work with deep ones) which puts a gel in the gaps where the scratches are and protects the disc, making it work again.

I hope this helps :)

the disk looks great, not a scratch, is there anything else that could be causing this?

have you cleaned your cd laser.. that's the only thing that i might find with the cd drive. Maybe the virus attacked your drivers you might download the drivers in safe mode and reinstall them and then boot the windows cd.

o no problem, it was a serious question.

New devolpment, I borrowed one of my friends XP pro CD's, and the same thing keeps happening. It cant find files that i know are there. Particularly the webbase.enu etc files. I clicked escape once, and it came up to a IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error. Could the virus still be on my computer?

Back
Top Bottom