LAG Galore: Mouse/Video/Start-up Time/Loading/Music!!! Out of Ideas

and I can remove my current processor without worry of distroying it be removing the paste thats already on there?

Well, you should never remove the processor, and then put it back without reapplying the thermal paste, as it won't conduct the heat to the heatsink and fan as well. So just buy some replacement at a computer shop before placing it back :) Its the right thing to do.

I hope this helps

"buy some replacement" as in a thermal compound right? How do I remove the already applied thermal compound off without damaging anything?

Yeah, I mean the thermal compound :p

As for doing that, it should just come off by scraping it with something not so hard, but enough to get it off (the top is only the cover for the chip so should take some force, though you should know how lightly to do it :p). Most of it will be on the heatsink anyway which you'll be able to scrape off without damage.

Then just reapply about the same amount (not that thick, and about the size of the CPU chip, on the heatsink itself, and then place the heatsink back on, click it into place, and place the fan back. Sorted :D

I hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom