Who many GHZ does a AMD64 3000+ have?

Yep 1.8 GHZ Can be overclocked alot more though :D

It runs just as fast as a pentium 4 3.0 GHZ processor

It depends on what your doing. If your playing games with a mid range graphics card its perfect. If your in to hardcore gaming you'll want a better one

....So not true, I have a 3200+ and a 3.0P4 and a 2.0 P4. The 3.0 blows both away, and the 2.0 is practically better than the 3200+.

BanChan said:

....So not true, I have a 3200+ and a 3.0P4 and a 2.0 P4. The 3.0 blows both away, and the 2.0 is practically better than the 3200+.

A good friend of mine has the pentinum 4 3.0 ghz, and it thrashs his in benchmarking.

Now Now BanChan just because you cant afford a AMD dont go crying about it!

HAHA thats a joke bro. Hows life.
Ill have to Agree with Cobra a 2.0Ghz processor, you realy dont need to upgrade your proccessor. Should be golden. You should be thinking about what you have in your computer as of ram and video card.

Yeah everyones right here. Even though it runs at 1.8 though, it is "supposed" to run at the same speed as a Pentium 4 running at 3.0GHZ!

Its just the way AMD make their chips. Their clocks are much more efficent than a Pentium 4 and so this is why they can be lower but just as powerful :)

Remember though, Pentium 4's are better at video rendering and video editting applications, which might Pentium 4's win in benchmarking, but it isn't AMD's fault.
Plus if you have an AMD system, I would disable Cool & Quiet technology. I have got a small speed boost from doing it, since the processor doesn't have to clock up when its running something it needs power for (it lowers the clocks on purpose when its idle)

I hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom