LAG Galore: Mouse/Video/Start-up Time/Loading/Music!!! Out of Ideas

When you PSU doesn't have enough power to run everything doesn't it usally restart the computer, not make it lag? Have you tried to re-install windows without the HDD?

huh? you can install windows without a hard drive?? Where does the software get installed then.

Let me optimise my computer again, because I just ran a thing with 3dmark 05 and got a score of 1100. I mean, since when does a AMD 3000+, 1024DDR Corsair, geforce 6800GT 256mb keep up to par anywhere? I hate spending this much money on a computer because no matter what I do theres problems that take me weeks to fix.. only for another problem to occur preventing me from doing anything. Perhaps spending 400 on a super hdd, or 80-90 on a good psu, perhaps a new motherboard instead of this msi k8t800 neo 2 FIS2R.. I just don't know what to do anymore.. kinda gunna be hard for a minimum wage kid to pay off. But if it fixes this POS.. Im in.

http://www.pcpitstop.com

Go there and let them run their free diagnostics on your system. They will test everything you got and give you ideas as to what might be wrong. This place is extremely safe..no adware or anything infact these guys hate it as much as the next one. You can register if you like and they will keep the stats on your pc for 90 days or you can use the scanner annonomously. They will have to download a scanner to your system but like I said they don't believe in spyware/malware or any garbage . The owner of this site has been fighting spyware for 20 years.

Thanks Lurkswithin. I'm trying this myself, as it seems like a good thing to test :)

I use them regularly to test out my own pc. That way if there is something that i don't see from it doing a gradual type thing, then they catch it for me. Then I take care of the problem before it really causes any harm. And if you sign up(free) they will email you when they get ready to wipe your stats out so you can recheck to see how you are. On top of that they will compare your complete system with some others with the same hardware that you have and let you know if your system is performing as good or not so good as the others do.

I've just downloaded that program you need to run it, and it sent an e-mail to me, but didn't have another link to download it...just a link to go back to the download page...

Well.. those tests scored me a 1176. Only thing I'd worry about with those guys is:

Average AMD 3000+ processor rating: 6029 (MIPS)
My Rating: 2831 (MIPS).

Does that mean i need a new processor? That's a lot of money, could that mean I don't have enough heat spread around the processor? (When i got it, I used the stuff that was already on there covered by a plastic sheet that I had to take off upon putting it onto the heatsink..

So I need to know, do I need to go out and spend 80-90 dollars on a hard drive, 200+ on a new processor, 150+ on new ram? New motherboard? AHH!

Try thermal paste first before getting anything else. It's the cheapest thing to replace, and stock paste tends to be crap.

Back
Top Bottom