Went fishin'

wozelbeak said:
the tench lives in the muck in the botom of the water, and allegedly tastes like it too lol.
our canals are not freh water, far from it in fact.
they are a leftover from a period in our history when they were our main transport routes.
they have all sorts of junk and rubbish thrown in them. its a wonder anything can survive in some areas.
some stretches of canal are well looked after and regular fishing competitions are held on there.
but eve in these stretches you wouldn't dare eat your catch.
woz

very true, i fish alot of matches on canals and rivers, as well as lakes... ive never tried tench, and never would try it... even if it was from a clean water...

a lot of the rivers in the uk have got top quality water running in them. they are improving every year as well.
for those who don't know, to fish in the uk you have to buy a license. the money raised goes directly to improving our rivers and lakes.
its only about £20 $35 per person.
you can be fined £2000 if caught.
this is a public service message on behalf of the enviroment agency lmao.
woz

the water quality is getting better... though its still far from clean enough to eat the fish from in many cases... and yeah, the fishing licence... need to get one of those for this year, im probably going on saturday, so i need one...
the fine is up to 2000, normally its less, i think the max fine is only for repeat offendors... ive been checked loads of times, never on the river, but on quite a few lakes ive been checked...

how much fishing do you do woz?

and thats a huge catfish btw, my mate caught a 90somtehing pound catfish last year in france... theres some huge cats out there... they arent too big in this country, but im going for one this summer... as well as a 20lb common carp... thats my aim for the summer. and mabye a bigger sturgoen... wanna get one of those...

Mark, there's some big Catfish at Woburn Abbey where the Duke of Bedford lives, I have seen some big ones caught there in the 1960's.

Edit: I believe it's called Beaulieu Lakes and they have a fish called a Zander as well I think...

http://www.pikezander.co.uk/

shrewsbury a place i have been to on numerous occasions. i had a meal in that historical pub(the one where they found that letter inside of a wall) a few weeks back. the meal wern't all that clever, but the building is interesting.
woz

i fish about twice a month, kif im lucky. i just don't got the time. i walk along my local canal almost daily. i will be going on sunday to try for a carp or two. i found a spot close to my home where a
22 1/2 llb was pulled out last week. apparently two guys have spent the last two months putting 20llb of ground bate in a week! i guess if i get to the peg before they do they will want to linch me lol.
woz

wozelbeak said:
i fish about twice a month, kif im lucky. i just don't got the time. i walk along my local canal almost daily. i will be going on sunday to try for a carp or two. i found a spot close to my home where a
22 1/2 llb was pulled out last week. apparently two guys have spent the last two months putting 20llb of ground bate in a week! i guess if i get to the peg before they do they will want to linch me lol.
woz
Little new potatoes boiled in the skins, and threaded on to a small treble hook were a good Carp bait, when I used to live in England. I used to live near Earlswood Lakes near Redhill in Surrey. I also used to go fishing at Bury Hill Lakes near Dorking, all sorts of fish there. The rivers I used to fish in mainlly were the River Mole near me, and the River Thames near Penton Hook.

im going tomorrow...

im gonna be using worms, and a size 2 hook, and running bolt rig with floating crust... worked last time i went, hopefully it will tomorrow...

ill be out at 3.30am tomorrow to get the peg i want... thats how popular the lake im fishing is... lol

Back
Top Bottom