hp System Recovery

When you restart you computer, you should be able to press a button which will come up with a HP menu that will do all this for you when you ask it to.

Reboot the PC, and check for a piece of text somewhere saying how to get to HP Setup or something. It should be there. For example, try pressing the Del key at bootup.
(this is used for going to the bios, but HP can replace it for there recovery program, and bios can be another key instead)

If that does go to bios, then check again for text at bootup.

If you can't see it as it goes too fast, try pressing the Pause/Break button on your keyboard, as this can be used to slow menus down or even pause them until you press it again to find the information you want.

After you have found it, press the button and itshould have a HP menu saying stuff like 'Recover' and a suite to test your PC for errors and everything :)

I hope this helps :)

Thanks. I think I remember now seeing something like press F11 for a system recovery at startup. I'll try that next time I restart my computer and have my files backed up. Thanks for all your help!

Passive:
The most recent hard drives that come with the Recovery Partition, allow you to make a Recovery Disk.
Just look for it in Start-All programs, and find something like 'make a new Recovery CD'.

Ah right, thanks for noting that r53s :)

I thought it'd be a program like an image running from bios for example to set it the same (rather like ghost)

Though it still might be ran from startup using a button. (Try F11 by the way!)

r53s said:
The most recent hard drives that come with the Recovery Partition, allow you to make a Recovery Disk.
Just look for it in Start-All programs, and find something like 'make a new Recovery CD'.

Thanks. I found where you're talking about. I'll make some recovery cds after I go to wal-mart tomorrow. :)

Hp...

Some other company does the same thing. It saves them having to make the model specific recovery cd's like Sony continues to do. Just have a good sized stack of blank cd's when you get started. Makes a bunch...

Well, I did a system recovery. I made the recovery discs off of my computer, but it turns out that I didn't even need it for the recovery, if I reformatted I probably would have, though. Anyways, my computer runs a lot faster and I have much more space now too. It was a bit annoying updating everything again, but in the long run it was worthwhile. I just wanted to thank everyone who helped me.

Re: Hp...

setishock said:
Some other company does the same thing. It saves them having to make the model specific recovery cd's like Sony continues to do. Just have a good sized stack of blank cd's when you get started. Makes a bunch...

Yeah, I was all prepared with a bunch of DVDs, but it only used one. Six if I used CDs. My upgrade to a DVD burner came in handy when I had to store my 15 gigs of music, I don't know what I would've done without it.

Back
Top Bottom