Went fishin'

lol the guy in the picture in the black shirt (the one where there at sea and caught that big ass fish) looks like a devil. lol hes all red and stuff. no offence to whoever it is tho.

The tench fish, you guys think they are bad to eat?
just curious as they look like a variety of a catfish which is great tasting in the US (fresh water not salt water), although the galftop is a type of catfish in saltwater that tastes pretty good. but it is not a true catfish. Anyway just wondering why you guys don't eat the tench fish.

lol, do you always wear that cap when fishing..
I used to fish cos I had a huge pond in my garden, but now we've moved, the nearest river is the severn and you have to pay to fish unless you go miles out of town and I can't do that because I can't lug all my stuff all that way and because I don't get any time.
Would like to do it more though, I know a guy who went for a week in france and caught nothin, not even a little tiddler. I guess thats just the way it is.
Do all you guys eat the fish? I hate fish (choked on a salmon bone at a young age and I've never liked the taste anyway) I always threw them back in, as far as I know I only ever killed one :D

the tench lives in the muck in the botom of the water, and allegedly tastes like it too lol.
our canals are not freh water, far from it in fact.
they are a leftover from a period in our history when they were our main transport routes.
they have all sorts of junk and rubbish thrown in them. its a wonder anything can survive in some areas.
some stretches of canal are well looked after and regular fishing competitions are held on there.
but eve in these stretches you wouldn't dare eat your catch.
woz

first they are illegal to kill in most waters... and also, the water quality is crap in most of the rivers and lakes over here... so i wouldnt eat it...

even if they were good to eat, i wouldnt... they have gotta be my fav fish, so i wouldnt kill them...

and id hate to fish if i HAD to kill the fish... i like letting them go again...

a lot of the rivers in the uk have got top quality water running in them. they are improving every year as well.
for those who don't know, to fish in the uk you have to buy a license. the money raised goes directly to improving our rivers and lakes.
its only about £20 $35 per person.
you can be fined £2000 if caught.
this is a public service message on behalf of the enviroment agency lmao.
woz

lurkswithin said:
The tench fish, you guys think they are bad to eat?
just curious as they look like a variety of a catfish which is great tasting in the US (fresh water not salt water), although the galftop is a type of catfish in saltwater that tastes pretty good. but it is not a true catfish. Anyway just wondering why you guys don't eat the tench fish.
We have Catfish in both fresh and sea water, they can be a pain in the butt as they are regarded as a trash fish for eating. They grow to a fair size though and are fun to catch.

They don't grow as big as this feller though, I reckon he was on steroids... :D

BigCatfish.jpg

wozelbeak said:
hey techy where on the severn are ya?

I live in the centre of Shrewsbury, its quite a good town, and a great place to live as if I ever need anything, the shops are literally outside my doorstep. I have never fished here, but it was really good at my old house, probably because there was a captive audience, so at some point I was bound to get a catch. :p
Lil' fishin story here, I remember when I got loads with a stick, normal string and a bent paperclip, that was great :D

holy cr*p thats a big fish, is it me or does the guy with blonde hair look really horny, I hope that isnt anyone you know

Back
Top Bottom