LCD or CRT

Usually theres one dead pixel, but you see them when you doing stuff. they are so small you won't even notice unless you look for it.

Yeah, thoguh there isn't always a dead pixel, but if there is, there will only be 1, since like I mentioned above, the company would have a quality test before sending it to shops and other manufacturers. Any more than 2 id' say would probably be thrown away. Is that about right?

Yeah that ones still good! The Brightness and Contrast values are rather high, and 12ms though not the best, is still good.

Not sure if i like the shops policy though...

**Dead Pixels Policy: Replacement or Refund for 8 or more dead pixels only.

7 down pixels still seems bad to me and they won't replace anything less than 8! :eek:

Good monitor, though keep looking through, rating the specs together against each other and come up with a final :)

Yeah...it does rather. Imagine if you were unlucky enough to get one with 7, all dotted in the middle?!

Any more monitors? :p

I read somewhere there's a figure (cant remember what its called) that determines how far it is between pixels, this can dramatically improve picture quality, according to Andy rathbone, go for something lower than .28
there you go, no real help whatsoever
Also, apparently there is at least one dead pixel because its so expensive to make LCD screens that they are often low quality, personally I would go for CRT, sure they're fat but (from my experience) its a better picture quality and you can watch it from all angles, far better
Its your choice really
For any further advice on screens and indeed most other types of hardware, get Fixing and Upgrading PC's for Dummies, its great and a good source of information and general decision making advice

Techy Geek said:
I read somewhere there's a figure (cant remember what its called) that determines how far it is between pixels, this can dramatically improve picture quality, according to Andy rathbone, go for something lower than .28

That would be the dot pitch.

EDIT> For LCD monitors, the comparable figure is the pixel pitch.

Techy Geek: "Also, apparently there is at least one dead pixel because its so expensive to make LCD screens that they are often low quality, personally I would go for CRT, sure they're fat but (from my experience) its a better picture quality and you can watch it from all angles, far better"

I don't agree with this comment, as LCD screens can be sharper and if connected with DVI for example, and give better image quality than a CRT in my opinion :p

Also most around will be good now, and its not because they are expensive to manufacturer that you get a dead pixel. The view angle should also be good enough now that you can see almost like a CRT monitor! :p

I hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom