Download Managers

supatyson

Beta member
Hey can download managers save a download at a certain point, so you can come back and continue it later? If you dont get what I am saying PM me.

certain ones can those are nice because if you have dial up and you don't have time to download it all. Although it's risky because you can easily have a file corrupted and won't work after you download it.

Yeah I get what you mean. There are quite a few, but many contain spyware, and some even corrupt downloads so you have to be careful picking.

Maybe this might be alright? I have used it before, though I don't know if it contains anything, though it features on download.com, and gets a high rating:

http://www.speedbit.com/

I hope this helps :)

I use the one Kage gave you. It has some light spyware in it but in 5 years of using it I have not had a problem.

Yeah, I might have thought it might have had a bit, but I don't know it won't be dangerous stuff.
(though any spyware is horrid, and spyware is used to send things off, so I wouldnt know what sort of data it would, though probably not what you download)

Per, by any chance can you delete the spyware? Or does the program just restore it? Or stop it working?

I have used that once though, and it did work really well. Shame about the spyware though :(
But I think there is a version you can pay for too which wouldn't have the spyware in.

The spyware by the way will more likely be to keep the program free to download, like sponser companies, which will be the answer to why it'll be free, though if you can pay for it, do.

The program works by splitting a download into about 4 pieces and can speed things up, and allows you to pause and come back later on most downloads too.

Hi Kage. Yes, adaware and spybot will delete it but I never have as it may screw dap up. I don't let it run all the time. I use it for a download and then close it. It has some other functions that I have never tried.

Yeah, I think you can buy a version though that doesn't have spyware included like i said (to make it free, it has sponser programs)

Plus, how does spyware detect it? Does it say its for that program? As if you have more spyware than what that program gives you, would you know about it and know which ones to delete?

They identify it as DAP. It is just ads embedded in the program. I suppose you could del individual items but it would probably put them back. A I said, I have never had a problem other than the ads and that is always expected with freeware.

Well i use bittorrent and aslo with the firefox browser there is a Download manager built in were u can Pause and resume or return.

Back
Top Bottom