Upgrade vBulletin?

WireNine.com

Baseband Member
I think it would be a good idea to upgrade vbulletin from 3.0 beta to the latest 3.0.7 or If you would like to stick with beta, there is a new 3.5 beta version released.

Just a suggestion :rolleyes:

yes, it is a bit unusual to have beta on a used forum, normally beta is for test?

Yeah I agree that this would be best, but what does the new version allow? Wouldn't that mean ahaving to relocate everything? Putting this offine for a day or so?

Though if it has to be done, I guess it has to be done...

Like I sometimes look at rides when they are closed for example, or workers fixing holes in the streets, and it taking ages. But then I think to myself that they have to do this sometime anyway, why not now? Get me?

It will most likely take less then an hour to upgrade the forums to the latest stable release.

I got a PM from the admin, does not look like he will be upgrading as he is not too fond of the new vbulletin look.

Yeah, there are a lot of people (generally old people :D) who don't support the vBulletin 3 Style. I think perhaps only with vBulletin 4 will people like David, when vBulletin 2.5 is no longer supported (although they may stop it with the release of 3.5) change over.

Personally I don't think there is a great deal of change, Vertical Postbit can be used and most of the rest is good. The only serious bit that is bad about 2.5 is the Text Editor. Its crap on 3.5 still, but its not so crap.

Back
Top Bottom