3dmark03 drop

Omg, im so sorry, i am thinging of typing things in my head but i type them wrong and i dont look at them and hit enter, im am messing up on alot of this stuff, i dind't mean to say "there is nothing like HP" i meant to say "there is nothing in the bios that is like HT hyper threading" sorry.

And thanks for you help, you are good at this, you respond like faster than i can get up to get a drink of water.

What about dual channeling in bios? Something must be different for it to be running slower and that might be the answer :p

Also I have forgotten to mention this... have you not updated your video card drivers since the new setup but you didon the older one? These can cause a big difference in frames per second.

So if you haven't updated, go to the manufacturers site and update teh video card drivers, and then try again :)

No, i had the same drivers and ran it, and same 8,000 on 3Dmark, than i got new drivers 77.30, and same score. Is there a button i hit in the Bios to get extra options? like an advance options button? like ctrl+F1? or something.

Hmm.
Phoenix bios, like I have just has all the menus in the standard bios, though some would work differently.

Does it by any chance have text saying what buttons to press to get to advanced options?

and hehe, that fast huh? How slow do your taps run?... :p

drip....

...drip

ANOTHER IDEA:

Yeah, then its not the video card drivers, but by any chance did you tinker with settings on the old setup then on your video card drivers within display settings, then Advanced?

Things that could have improved performance for examploe would be taking off forced antialising, and to only use it when programs allow it.

Plus ones like texture quality (lowerer would have better fps) and also mip-map quality (lower the better). Did you by any chance mess with these? Try tinkering with them to see if lower gets you the same score. Not too far though, so for example, take the mip-map quality to about half.

Also check that antialising and antistropic filtering aren't being forced, and are only being used when a program is set to use it

I hope this helps :)

Alright i found the extra options button and the only thing i found about HT was HT multipler and it was set to 4x.

Hmm, that'll be more like overclocking than a setting you need to worry about i think.

Have you checked your video card settings for any features like I've mentioned, under Advanced in the Settings tab of the Display Properties?

I hope this helps

I found the advance options and i set the AGP aparute memory to 256mb it was 128mb, and i did find HT multiplyer, it was set on 4x, max was 5x, left it at 4x, and i go back to 3Dmark and run it, same score around 8,000. also i found that max memory frequency was set to 166mh for i raised it to 200mh.

Hmm... yeah I doubt those would have done much.

by the way, the apature memory doesn't affect things as much as you think. 128mb is standard and just chooses what memory to use if the video card runs out, and can actually be sometimes better lower amnd deliver better results than a high one.

I'd try lowering other video card settings like i've mentioned, see if you can get it back to 10,000 by changing some of those :p As some of these might have been changed.

I hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom