AMD or Intel?

chris882e

Solid State Member
When somone tells you they love AMD all the way instead of Intel, ever ask why?

Well I am one of many who has asked that question. The reply that i got was something like this.

I asked a guy at circuit city and well he said that the Amd is slower at times but physcially the intel is faster. I like intel a little better but that is from me. Everyone actually gets into fights over this too. Like OMfg man i hate amd. Anyway i would just like to know what you think about amd or intel. Becuase I am going to build a new pc. Thinking about intel but tell me what you think... :p

This one also belongs in 'General Computer Hardware And Software'. this part of the forum is for suggesting changes for computerforums.org (CF). i'll PM a MOD to get it moved.

<edit> Moved.

well i personally like AMD. apparently (ive never tried this... or considered it even) they are easier to modify to overclock them than Intel CPUs are.

whether this is true im not sure.

what i heard is that the new ones out are now just as hard to modify for overclocking purposes as Intel, where as the older ones were supposed to be ok for doing that to.

im not sure who/what the source for this was, i think it was a computer magazine here in Oz... PC PowerPlay or something maybe...

neway i personally like AMD. once they bring out the HyperThreading stuff then ill be cheering and ill get my mate to make me a new system with one of them babies in it!!!

I just know that intel's are for multi-tasking, and AMD 64's are for gaming, but your right i don't really know why.

Yeah i've heard from a lot of people "AMD is better for gaming" .. why? i've never gotten that asnwer. people reccomend a AMD 64 3400 with only 2.4 ghz rather than a pentium 4 with 3 ghz. why is this 3 ghz not faster?

and so is it true that AMD is better for gaming or is that just something people started saying?

I personally Intel because I just do, I don't care if AMD is faster, cheaper, or more explosive. I choose Intel. And seriosely please no kids saying "L0LZ LYK AMD 0WNZ J00"

BanChan and his hardcore 1,330 posts intimidate me in a way that makes me not want to talk about AMD's anymore :'(

Oh, I don't HATE AMDs, I actually own a 3200+ based tower. But I chose Intel over AMD because I liek to have 1000 web browsers open, while editing music and listening to music and chatting on aim. Basically multitasking a lot. I was suprised that my 3200+ based computer ran games really well, since it takes about 40 sec. to start up, and is literally slower than my 2.0 ghz P4 sony vaio. I actually timed their start up time, and some program time. I don't hate AMD, but in my opinion and use, I like Intel better, I have nothing wrong with people with AMD based towers.

Back
Top Bottom