Karate Kid...

Dishdog said:
Do you know there is actualy no such thing as a suger rush/hype.
If that's correct, and there is no such thing. Why do they say this then if your hypoglycemic, in an emergency sweets help, as does hypostop. A whole mars bar though contains enough sugar to destabilise your diabetes for days. A small sweet or half a mini-mars bar followed by a fruit or sandwich would be better.

Is this not a sugar rush then?

http://medweb.bham.ac.uk/easdec/prevention/hypos.htm

Edit: Forgot the link. :p

i was watching a show on T.V. awhile back and they did a study on hundreds of young and old kids. they gave some artificle suger and some real suger. they told a bunch of different kinds of doctors to pick out the ones that had the real suger. i forget the %'s but they didn't pass,lol.

Dishdog said:
i was watching a show on T.V. awhile back and they did a study on hundreds of young and old kids. they gave some artificle suger and some real suger. they told a bunch of different kinds of doctors to pick out the ones that had the real suger. i forget the %'s but they didn't pass,lol.
I believe I have seen something like that here, although green cordial gets some kids wound up tight. For a diabetic it is a quick pick me up, I have seen my brother come good after a hypo with a Crunchybar.

Um...

Where I was connected with resupply operations at DeepFreeze sites, I was out in 20 and 30 below zero condistions. When my unit came in from the cold we all ate 4 teaspoons of raw sugar to get the energy boost to generate more body heat. In about 10 mins we were ready to climb the walls. Lasts about 15 mins then you're ok again. Tell me it's hype...

Back
Top Bottom