ATI Crossfire Dual Video Cards Are here!!!

slayer322

In Runtime
ATI Is now releasing their Corssfire Line of video cards that will pair up with an existing pci-express x-series video card and a Crossfire motherboard to give us the pleasure of using dual x-series video cards.

So all the lucky people that have a x-series pci-express video card (eg x850 platinum) will now be able to use it with the special Crossfire ready video card (eg. x850) and a motherboard that suppports crossfire wideo cards and destroy any nvidia Sli setup available.

How it works:
--------------------------
1.Buy a crossfire ready mobo
2.Buy a Crossfire Edition X-series vid card - X850
3.Buy or use your existing X-series vid card - X850 XT
4.Have Fun!!!!!!!

ATI Crossfire Website and Demo

Codename Stingray

Does the Cross-fire system work in another way to SLI? Or do they have the same type of interface?

I know that there are a few negatives about SLi for instance. What will CrossFire improve over these? Does it have new ways of running games in dual?

The Corssfire Edition X series cards arent suposed to be any thicker than a 6800 ultra. The way they use the DVI port as an interface is faster.The best part is that you can set up how each card takes the load of say, a game, four different ways!

eg.----
|
V
1.Supertile Mode

ati_screen003.jpg

2.Scissor Mode

ati_screen004.jpg

3.Alternate Frame Rendering (AFR)

ati_screen005.jpg

4.Super Anti-Aliasing (AA)

ati_screen006.jpg

I would Prefer either the Super AA or the Super Tile Mode:

Tell every1 wht two types you'd use.

Kewl :D :p This isn't going to be that bad. They've thought of some new ideas too, rather than just halving and having even and odd framing.

Wel the ones that stick out to me are Supertile mode, and Super AA too, and I like the idea of the Scissor mode too, which seemed to work sometimes with the Geforce cards.

COOL IDEA:

Wouldn't it be kewl though if you had a excellent card, and you could run at full resoloution settings and everything else except for full Antiaslising and Antistropic filtering and the second card then focused on the Antialising, and antistropic filtering so basically the game could go to max settings all the way and with these extra settings which are only capable on really new cards (I think that would be good).

I wouldn't know if they could add that to it though since they seem to share, rather than intertwine each other.

I find this incredibly interesting/impressive. Its really cool how all of this works. Too bad I don't have the money for this.

Yeah, I seem to like this way of doing it more than SLI (only read about it). I like some of the new ideas, though Intel could probably copy some of them just like ATI have used the same kind of things if they can update in drivers.

I like the simpler terms too which ATi has used like Scissor Mode, instead of all the complicated ones that the Nvidia ones seem to have which you need to read about first time you hear about it!

So far so good for my upgrading to the dual x800 cards, i already bought my x800 pro limited edition vivo, a cheap msi k8n neo4 board to tide me over untill the crossfire boards come out, and a amd 64x 3800+ comes in tommorow. wanted the dual core but its not really needed and i dont really have 800 bucks to spend on a proc.

Back
Top Bottom