linux vs. windows

amds are not necessarily more linux friendly, their more game friendly. if your using a 64bit os then amds would be the best but you could also use intels w/ em64t. you cant really play games on linux cuz game developers dont code games for linux or something. i think its that windows uses some think like direct x or direct 3d that linux doesnt have. if windows gave linux people the right to use the thing then microsoft would be screwed

Microsoft would not be screwed, even if they did release DirectX for linux, 99% of users would have no idea how to install it, someone needs to make a proper desktop linux distro before that ever comes close toreality!

I have a feeling linux will become a more bigger player in the OS systems. I mean linux is getitng better day by day. Give it 3 years or 4 years i'll bet you can go to a store and buy it pop it in and it'd be just as user friendly as windows.

ok and another thing is that i have heard that you can install and run linux on windows is that true...i would be trying all this stuff but i dont have the money cause i cant work.....lol im 14.....it sucks

running linux on windows is pointless if you don't want to have windows in the first place, anyway are there any os alternatives that support windows program? (.exe) ?

Nik00117 said:
I have a feeling linux will become a more bigger player in the OS systems. I mean linux is getitng better day by day. Give it 3 years or 4 years i'll bet you can go to a store and buy it pop it in and it'd be just as user friendly as windows.

I've been using linux on and off since 96, and things really havent changed, it still rather "patchwork", and its not at all user freindly. Untill a company sets out to make their Linux OS from scratch, Linux will continue to be crap for desktop use.

There is however an exception, one company did take a base, and code their OS from the bottom up, this was Apple and it is MacOS.

MacOS X is based on Unix, yet its seamless and somewhat user freindly. No other linux distro I have seen even comes close.

Most distros are packages from here and there, from then and now, by them an us. Its just a bunch of crap thrown on a CD, an thats the inpression it gives out. If Mandrake would just stop, and start again, then mabey they could come up with something half decent, but while the tradition of bolting on stuff here and there continues linux will continue to be useless for desktop use.

Back
Top Bottom