Floppy Drive Not Working

The pins on the drive are fine but when i trace the interface cable to the mobo there is a pin missing on the mobo but there is not a hole on the cable so i am thinking that the missing pin is supposed to be missing. I am pretty sure that the cables are all connected correctly. I don't have a working drive so i guess i am stuck for now...

sorry about the double post but i found the floppy on the device manager and it recognized it but there is an error. It says i need to try and change the driver for the drive. How do i do this?

CrossCech said:
get off this 95 kick :) who the @$#%^$@! still uses 95? LOL

I do and still use 3.11. And dos. It just depends on how much the little system can handle.

Uninstall the driver, reboot and let windows reinstall the driver. Sorry, you are messing with 95. May not work.

i uninstalled all floppy drivers on my computer and then i restarted it with the floppy drive connected and it detected the new hardware and built a new driver for it but yet when i tried to read/write something, it still didn't work. I know this drive works with 95 but i am starting to think that the drive could be defective....

I've seen this problem with a floppy drive that has the power cord well attached, but the wires in its interior are damaged, therefore, the power isn't going to the drive.

Yeah, I'd honestly assume now mate that that floppy drive is bust too...

oh by the way i just noticed this. on the back of the floppy drive there is a single pin missing where the interface cable attaches. Since there isn't a pin missing on the cable, i assume this isn't intentionally missing. Could this missing pin be causing this problem all along?

no, thats a marker pin to tell you what way to put the cable in, on some cacles it's still there, on others it's blanked out.

Back
Top Bottom