Desktop Icons

titsmcgee

Beta member
A while ago, I managed to do something to my computer while messing around in the system files that made duplicates of every single icon on my desktop. If I delete one of the icons, the other one disappears.

How can I get rid of the duplicates? It's impossible to find anything now, the desktop is just so crowded.

I'd appreciate any help,

Tits

I know this seems like a lot of work..
Delete all the desktop icons..all of them.
Then go back in start>programs and rightclick only the programs that you want icons for and selet to send to desktop(create Icon) and only the correct link should be there.

Go here...

C:\Documents and Settings\Your Username\Local Settings\Application Data and delete the Iconcache.db file and restart the computer.

The computer will build all the icons on restart. That file probably got corrupted.

Wombat hit it on the nail i was going to suggest that except i found a program to do it hehe. But this is just as easy and no download

rdcmmnst said:
Wombat hit it on the nail i was going to suggest that except i found a program to do it hehe. But this is just as easy and no download
I'm pleased you found it useful rdcmmnst , now if titsmcgee reports back in we'll know if it works for him as well... :p

Back
Top Bottom