h

Bucky24

Baseband Member
C++ is the best language to learn first. I learned C++ first, and that helped me with my other languages. C++ is object oriented, and that concept is kind of hard to grasp if you have done a none object oriented language first. I have never done python or php, so I can't say if they are hard or not.

You say its (C++) the best language to learn first, yet its the only you have learned. I say Java is the best language to learn first since I learned that 3rd (Just messing with ya ;)) C++ and Java are somewhat related to eachother such as classes, object-oriented, and such. So basically, C++ or Java

C++ isn't the only language I know :mad: . I know Perl, Java, Visual Basic, C++, and Assembly. I do think Java is a much better language to program in, but C++ is the best to start with.

Bucky24 said:
C++ isn't the only language I know :mad: . I know Perl, Java, Visual Basic, C++, and Assembly. I do think Java is a much better language to program in, but C++ is the best to start with.
Calm down there buddy. If you didn't see my little 'disclaimer';) in my first post, I'll post it again:
"(Just messing with ya ;))"
But yeah, I'd say either Java or C++.

What is lisp? Never heard of it before. C++ is the best to start with because the compile is so nitpicky, and it teaches you to code well. Java is smoother, but you can make mistakes and it won't pick it up.

lisp is a functional language based upon lambda calculus. read about it. its a nice language to know about but annoying to code in. lisp is known best for its persistance and the ease at which code can modify itself. python draws from both java and lisp.
there is a related language used mostly for research in cs called haskell.

Back
Top Bottom