Windows 95

DoubleJ$

Baseband Member
i currently have windows 95 installed as my os on my comp. Can i directly upgrade to windows 2000 or do i need to go to windows 98 first? Also for the system requirements for windows 2000 it says you need 64 mb of ram and i have 48. Will this 16 mb i lack make a huge impact on my performance or will i be able to get by? thanks for responding if you can.....

I think you have to have at least 64mb for it to even install. i'm pritty sure 2000 was just an upgrade so i think you would have to have 98 installed first.

Lets work on it slowly.
I have to assume you don't have a lot of money and want the best with what you have.
You do have a very ancient but useable pc depending on what you want it to do.
So what is that :

true true this comp is ancient but it is a second comp and im just having fun experimenting and learnging about computers. I am still learning about comps but i know more than average. i just want to be able to store music using limewire and maybe a couple basic games like starcraft....and well yes, i do not have much money and i am trying to do my best so i have windows 98 se and windows 2000 ready to install on disks. Can i use one of those or do i have to start with windows 98 first edition?

DoubleJ$ said:
true true this comp is ancient but it is a second comp and im just having fun experimenting and learnging about computers. I am still learning about comps but i know more than average. i just want to be able to store music using limewire and maybe a couple basic games like starcraft....and well yes, i do not have much money and i am trying to do my best so i have windows 98 se and windows 2000 ready to install on disks. Can i use one of those or do i have to start with windows 98 first edition?
Well the most important thing is matching components,wether it be ram needed or a place to plug it in.
Also what fits your case or mbb slots.
Your on the right track,go slow and learn,i hope you'll trust this old guy.
Sorry your email is locked.You might benefit by useing it.

go with zipperman on this one if you can get hat little bit of extra ram it'll help you in the end. Will lavalys home edition work on windows 95 if so that's an easy way to find out what slots he has. You might download lavalys home edition (free) and check

zipperman,
why are you afraid to post your fixes in this forum, Why does this have to be done through Email. The purpose here is to be open about the issues and how to correct them so that all who read them may benefit from it.

It's a lot easier to do it over the forum and not email. plus when other ppl have this problem(more of a question) they can look it up and find it.

thanks for all of the posts but i am still somewhat confused. I still have windows 95 and i want to upgrade my os. can i upgrade to windows 98 se or do i need to start with windows 98 first edition?

Back
Top Bottom