Firearms? Whos got em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
well I for one feel that you are more pathitic than some one who is for the gun bans..
Well, I wouldn't want anybody that can't spell simple words to carry a gun

perhaps I can spell. maybe I'm just not a good typer at the keyboard and I dont want to spend 30 minutes double checking for any errors. It could even be that I am not very good at spelling. I'm sorry, I was not aware I was being graded for spelling or grammer here in this forum..

Did you know many of the young men in WWI and WWII barely went to school, many barely knew how to speak proper english. Yet they managed to fire a weapon and provide the very fabric of freedom we are talking about today. And for you to say that is very disrepectful to me and our men and women that can't spell or have good grammer skills.

I understand your posisition. You feel you are either perfect or darn close to it. And perhaps you feel that you are better then I because your spelling and grammer is better then mine. And in your mind that is ok. Well so be it. I dont want to argue with a brick wall either.

And if you are judging my ability to safely teach my family about weapons, or my ability to own my gun on the mear fact grammer and spelling. Then may someone have mercy on you and help you when you near the end of the road.

Lurkswithin, I'd love to know your name, or at least what law school you attend. For your information, I'm a 3L.

But I suppose you're going into some area of the law where you can really stick it to everyone with whom you disagree. That's basically the gist of this whole debate. People disrespecting others. I've been reading all of your posts and for the most part, I think that people like Root and BuzzStpoint have integrity and just like guns. There's nothing wrong with liking things. But you, Lurkswithin, you've got some axe to grind with anyone that disagrees and you feel the need to insult people. You must sit back and re-read your posts with a smug little grin, thinking that we actually care what you have to say.

It scares me that someone like you is going to represent this country. You are the kind of person that gives lawyers and the whole justice system a bad name. I only hope that people like me have the energy to make up for your lack of skills---grammatical and otherwise. Good luck in everything. Now let's stop the stupidity. Back to computers. Peace.

Ahem!!!

I have had enough of this > you can't spell < crap. If you can read the post then the message was delivered. That's flaming and I have, to be straight up, had enough. IF YOU DON"T LIKE THE SUBJECT MATTER AND/OR THE PEOPLE IN THIS THREAD THEN ONCE AGAIN I TELL YOU TO > CLICK, CLICK AND MOVE ON...
Final warning. And I will not let new members sign up for the sole purpose of just comming in to this thread and try to start a flame war. I'll ban you as fast as any one else. Is that clear?

ahhh don't you just love it when the debate becomes personal....I love the i can't debate the points but i can deflame you syndrom....
Little lady...at no time did I say that I was an attorney of law. Nor did I misguide you into thinking that I was...Again you have taken a statement of fact and turned it into a misrepresentation to further your agenda. And a first year law student would KNOW better to even try to get away with that. I wish you well as the defender of the innocent...and even more for the teaching of the ignorant for it is the noblest of all occupations.

OK, I have crap spelling too, and sometimes I'm just lazy and miss keys.

But that doesn't mean I'm lazy and crap when it comes to driving, doesn't mean I'm lazy and crap when it comes to firing a gun...

It does throw up an interesting question though...
Why are there so many people defending your right to own a gun, yet there aren't so many people (or perhaps it just isn't high profile) defending the right to a decent education for all?

And anyway, long before the debate became about spelling it was personal, on the first page somebody hopes buzz shoots himself, you've been calling me stupid and ignorant and miguided for wanting a better restriction policy. Can I assume the Setis came in here because he was called?

Just to focus on Marks point (Tony Martin)...

Tony Martin had his house robbed several times, and out of frustration he bought a gun and sat up all night waiting to hear noises, when he heard footsteps he shot into the darnkness...

He could have killed anyone, he couldn't even see what he was shooting at,

so just to cap over the story, he got pissed off and...
illeagally bought a shotgun with the intent on using it to harm a person.
illegally stored a gun.
and used a gun to murder someone.

(yes it was murder because it was all planned)
Tony Martin is not "the common mans hero" defending his realm where the police failed him, he is a murderer, he specifically bought a weapon for killing a person and no other reason -that makes it a pre-meditated murder.

it's people like that that illustrate two things.
firstly the need for good restrictions and good policing, when I say good policing I mean to clear up all the unregistered arms.

secondly it illustrates the failings of a licensing system that was implemented too late, the criminals have guns and can get guns.

it's not just the fact that bad people can buy new weapons that I see as a worry, it's the fact the 'bad' people have already got them. and can get them from a black market type of trade.

gun amnesties don't help, (as everyone knows, only the good guys hand in their weapons!).
but, when a forensic team can trace a bullet to the gun it was fired from, licensing does help.

IMHO you should have a right to use your money exactly how you like, if you want to buy beer, go ahead, and you can keep buying beer until you proove yourself irisbonsible
(here it's illegal for a bar to serve an obviously drunk person).
do you see a problem with preventing people from buying alcohol or being barred from a pub?

if you want to own a gun, then go ahead buy a gun, have fun, but just as with buying beer, if you can't proove yourself responsible, then you shouldn't be allowed to do it.

Seti, I was willing to cooperate with you until I realized your commands to cease were biased thanks to your post siding with BuzzStPoint. Some 'moderator' you are. Anyway, it's not flaming or being personal. I really don't trust someone who can't spell to carry a weapon. If that's flaming, then the definition of flaming has changed a lot. This whole argument has been nonsensical. Nobody is listening to what I'm saying. Even when I say that nobody is listening to me, nobody understands that, either.

And how was melissa starting a flame war? She was just posting her opinion like everyone else. The thread was already 'flaming' when she got here (pun very much intended).

spank_fusion said:
I really don't trust someone who can't spell to carry a weapon.

What the hell does ones grammer grade have to do with a gun? Would you trust someone who cant spell to work on your car? These skills come from different parts of the brain and have NOTHING to do with eachother. I usually agree with your posts but this sentance is just ignorant. I am one of the worst spellers that I know and I can promise you that there is nobody safer with firearms then I am. Hell my 9 year old daughter isn't that great at spelling either but she knows how to handle a weapon.

As for some of the mods on this forum, I am begining to see what you mean. Mods should be mods, and not dictators. They should also have to follow STRICT rules so their own views do not come in to play in most instances. Some of the stuff I have seen posted, removed or locked by certain mods on this forum has nearly caused me to move on. If not for the other great people here, I would have.

>walks off shaking his head<

Wow... Solely not my intention of this thread to be this debateable. Suppose to be about what firearms people have.

I met a few memebers on another board.. I browsed the internet and seen they like to hang here.. So I thought I'd come on in..

I'm a super nice guy, I help out when and where I can. I'll spend days trying to figure out somthing to help people, and I do it for free.
If the mods and admin feel they dont want me here. Then all they have to do is tell me to leave.. I'll leave, no fuss or trouble. Simple.

As for "Side Takeing" Come on, how old are we? Can we act mature enough to continue? I dont need people taking sides with me.. I'm an adult, I can hold my own. However if they feel the same way I do and want to express it, then so be it. Come sit on my side of the fence, There always room for everyone.

In this thread, I been called:
Irresponsible
Crazy American
and they hope I get shot...

And that I can deal with.. Whatever.. But as inteligent as you have been talking, and pushing out your points, you have to come out and start 'ol you can't spell routine. And that is just childish.

Perhaps my native language isn't english, so I have a hard time spelling.
Perhaps my schooling wasn't up to par.
Perhaps I have problems with my hands and the keyboard is hard.
Perhaps I'm just a Lazy, Crazy American who types too fast and doesn't take the time to double check my spelling.

Either way spelling issue isn't a factor here. It should't have no bearing in this thread. You want to compair spelling, start a spelling bee thread.

Lets close this thread..

This thread prolly should have been closed a while ago. Actually I dont really know if political talk is even allowed on CF. I liked the topic as I have nothing against guns, but I also know what a hot topic it can be. It goes in the folder with abortion, Iraq and George W discusions I guess.

Lock it up mods.

hahaha!!! took a while before the flaming got big eh? on one hand that shows improvement, on the other its kinda sad this stuff still goes on around here. this isn't even a politically charged topic.

a last remark, a teacher of mine collected antique weapons. the only time i had a chance to hold an authentic rifle from the civil war was when he let the history class borrow it for a day. as i recall, it was heavy...but then i was only 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom