I lost my D and E drives!!!!!

ya_nisri

Solid State Member
Hello everyone,

I have a delimma to which I have no solution!

I just tried to install a digital camera program on my computer but both my CD and DVD drives have-poof- magically disappeared!?

They were on my computer this morning but they are here no more!

I am really confused about how this could happen, and I would really appreciate some feed back and insight about this since nothing is working restore the drives..

Thank you

can you go back to last good config on your computer?
wait, tell us what system you are running, xp?
woz

wozelbeak said:
can you go back to last good config on your computer?
wait, tell us what system you are running, xp?
woz

I tried restoring my computer back to june 7th but it won't do it.

yes, I am running XP

if you hav't already done it
go to start, control pannel,system, hardware, device manager, then see what it says there.

wozelbeak said:
if you hav't already done it
go to start, control pannel,system, hardware, device manager, then see what it says there.

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

!!!!!!!!

where on God's earth would they go!?

This is wierd!

did you by anychance uninstall any dvd or other programmes while doing your thing with the camera?
i once uninstalled a dvd programme and lost both of my c-drom and dvd rom!
try disableing them then enabaling them. xp might search for the drivers for you.
woz

wozelbeak said:
did you by anychance uninstall any dvd or other programmes while doing your thing with the camera?
i once uninstalled a dvd programme and lost both of my c-drom and dvd rom!

I did uninstall it first, but still I didn't do anything out of the ordinary!

try disableing them then enabaling them. xp might search for the drivers for you.
woz

Nope!

didn't work...

i uninstalled a dvd programme like i said. i did it properly, but still lost my dvd and cd rom.
i found out later that the uninstall had removed vital files for my cd and dvd! i haqd to re-format my windows!
you might be able to do it by doing a repair of windows? have you got your windows disk?
try that if you have.
i am not the best guy to speak to about this, i do try to help if i can.
other members may have some ideas of what is going on. i will try to investigat further for you.
woz

wozelbeak said:
i uninstalled a dvd programme like i said. i did it properly, but still lost my dvd and cd rom.
i found out later that the uninstall had removed vital files for my cd and dvd! i haqd to re-format my windows!
you might be able to do it by doing a repair of windows? have you got your windows disk?
try that if you have.
i am not the best guy to speak to about this, i do try to help if i can.
other members may have some ideas of what is going on. i will try to investigat further for you.
woz

Thank you very much man, I appreciate your effort to help me out here. I will try to fix it through the XP CD and see what happens.

Thanks again, and I'll wait an see if other members have ideas on this.

Back
Top Bottom