Serial ATA HDD question...PLEASE HELP

I just updated my bios then started installing windows again but this time when it rebooted the Windows logo came up and then it said windows is continuing installation then all of a sudden screen went blue and this message came up:

"STOP: c000021a {fatal system error}

The session manager Initialization system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc000026c (0x00000000 0x00000000).

The system has been shut down."

I am ready to give up and do something I havent done in years, take to someone else and say fix the damn thing...... :mad:

read this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317189

At least it explains what the error means. In your case, I would try reseating your memory. What and how much memory is in there? If you have two memory sticks, try using only one of them. Perhaps you have a faulty memory module.

If you have a spare IDE hard drive handy, try loading XP on it while in this machine and see if it loads fine. IT could be that you have a bad hard drive and need to RMA it.

CrossCech,
Thanks for all the help. I think you are right and it is the memory. I put a IDE hard drive in and it loaded and installed windows and it seemed to be working ok but then it all of a sudden rebooted.I built the system I am on now about a year ago and it would reboot for no reason and it drove me crazy (like this one has today) until I changed the memory and that fixed it. I will get some new memory then will post back with the results. Again thanks for the help.

Lee

Back
Top Bottom