One final check on an order

should have bought a Serial ATA (SATA) hard drive. Why go with a 100 ATA when you can increase your hard drive read times by 50% going with a SATA drive that reads at 150 mhz? Your motherboard was kind of giving you a nudge in the right direction, by giving you 4 chances to get a SATA drive (4 serial ata ports) and tried to hide your IDE option of 66/100 ATA by only giving you one. :)

well ... IDE ata @ 100 mhz compared to Serial ATA @ 150 mhz ... 50 more mhz ... Im no mathamagician but 50 is 50% of 100, therefore it certainly would be increasing your speed by 50% :) You said you were buying a "second hdd", is your first one IDE or SATA? Definitely go with SATA if you want to go faster. Your motherboard is geared for it, maximize it's potential. :)

I'm canadian. thats y it's cheaper there,lol. and yes my first HDD is a SATA. Plus i'm an idiot because i thought my MOBO had 2 ATA spots. i never even thought of checking that, so i have to return it and get a SATA because mine one slot is taken up by my CD/DVD drives,lol.

well ... FYI ... Plextor and some other brands that I can't think of at the moment, have some SATA DVD burner drives now.

Then i have a DVD drive and a DVD Burner that i can't do anything with,lol. i'm just going to return the stuff i orderd and then order the SATA HDD along with my other stuff again,lol.

You know when you feel so stupid you laugh at yourself, well thats what i'm doing right now.

Despite the 50% greater bandwidth speeds of SATA, I've read everywhere that it makes no noticeable difference in actual speed. If you want SATA, might as well wait until SATA II comes out.

Back
Top Bottom