XP; New "title" screen

Brookfield

Golden Master
I have XP Home, & from today, when I boot up, I get the usual blue XP screen, then instead of going straight to my desktop, I get a new green XP Home screen, next, I've never seen before, is this a so-called M/Soft imrovement/update, or is it a glitch on my PC?

Sounds like a glitch to me . Maybe your video has a power or output slip at that point . Make sure your vid card is sitting nice in there and plugged in proper cause when loading my 6800GT went wierd colours like purple its cause when loading windows the power changes so much to the CPU etc and if it aint seated propers it has funny little probs.

I had purple and pinks once.

Yeah, I don't think any updates cause that much of a change on bootup. In Service Pack 2 though, if you have Professional for example, the Professional is removed, and is probably the same with Home.

Is it the welcome screen you are talking about, that has changed?

Try what GeforcebOY says anyway. You never know, though it does seem weird the colour only messes up on this screen.

maybe his version of windows came with a little extra..you never know microsoft has pulled some crazy stunts before a.k.a. Windows 95 haha

Hmmm...

I did some updates about a week ago and it activated all the pro style log ins. I think you can go back if you like to what you had using the restore function.

Re: XP; New

Kage said:
Yeah, I don't think any updates cause that much of a change on bootup. In Service Pack 2 though, if you have Professional for example, the Professional is removed, and is probably the same with Home.

Is it the welcome screen you are talking about, that has changed?

Try what GeforcebOY says anyway. You never know, though it does seem weird the colour only messes up on this screen.
'm convinced that the green colour is a genuine M/Soft, it matches one of their theme colours, an apple green.
I haven't got SP2, my choice.
The welcome screen is the same as always, four years at least, the time I've had computers.

Re: XP; New

GeforcebOY said:
Sounds like a glitch to me . Maybe your video has a power or output slip at that point . Make sure your vid card is sitting nice in there and plugged in proper cause when loading my 6800GT went wierd colours like purple its cause when loading windows the power changes so much to the CPU etc and if it aint seated propers it has funny little probs.

I had purple and pinks once.
See the reply I just sent to Kage, it's not a transition of colours.

have you checked any of the microsoft websites or searched for anyone else with this problem..

Back
Top Bottom