Firearms? Whos got em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heres something to think about..

There was a guy who got into some trouble.. Drunkin rage with a gun, Firing it off pointing at people and went into gas station.. with it..

He was arrested for armed robbery... After his prison sentance.. we waited a few years and tried to get a pardon from the govenor to get his weapon privledge back.. Denied..

He did some research. And found this.. He bought a gun frame.. Registered the serial to the government.. This is ok, because it's only a frame, not a gun. He then ordered on the internet the rest of the parts. Clips, slide, levers, firing pin, barrel, spring & guide pin. He now has a gun that can be shot and fired.

But wait, He a known felon, and he has a weapon. Police arrested him, only to let him go a few days later because he is able to have this. Legaly. How ever later was determined that he can only have the weapon if it is disabled. (no firing pin).

Now he gets angry, his borther helps him out and goes and buys a gun from someone across the border. (Mexico) Stashes it in the fender of the car.

He gets into trouble with his brother and shoots someone, gets arrested and created another homicide statistic. He took the fall..

Now. You go out on the limb and get your victory and get weapons banned or strictly enforced.. I now have to turn in my weapons. I am now unarmed. I have no more weapons. Paranoia? None I think nothing of it. But I'm angry that I paid a few thousand dollars for my gun only to have them taken away from me.

I check my mail, I recieve a letter that is not mine, but the neighbors, I quickly find out that my neighbor is the brother (who is very angry) of the man who we were talking about... Paranoid? Worried... Yeah!

I now have an issue of protecting my family further. I personally dont want to take knife or baseball bat to a gunfight when my neighbor kickes in my door cause he's pissed that his brother is in prison..

Thats one example.. I have many more if you like.

it's a who'lly unrealistic example...

The against gun argument is that criminals do get guns, quite legally, and commit crimes with them...

Or people who shouldn't be playing with guns may get to them unsupervised somehow and there may be some accident....

your argument against is that somebodies brother might get gun parts from the internet and build a gun, and smuggle it from mexico to the us hidden in the body pannels of his car, and the police might not find it, and he might get that one vital thing he needs like a firing pin, and then he'll come to my house and kill all my familly... and I'll have given away all my guns so I can't blow his head off before he blows mine off...

It's crazy, because for all you are preaching about how you are a higher class of citizen because of your ability to actually buy a gun in five minutes rather than five days, you are living in perpetual fear for the life of yourself and your familly incase of some crazy guy with a gun!!

lurkswithin said:
i had rather wait and prove a person responsible of committing a criminal act than to accuse him of going to commit a crime without proof of any kind except to that he has a firearm he is going to kill someone so let us take away his rights as a citizen to prevent this heinous act..
History has shown what course that takes... Let the responsible people have it all and you peon/peasant don't have the right to do anything about it.

That's one of the worst things I've ever heard. How utterly ignorant is that statement. I'm not even going to explain. If you can't figure that one out.... damn. That's sad. Unfortunately, that's the mentality of many people in this country. I'm embarrassed to live here. I really am. And we all wonder why half of the world hates us. It's because of that mentality that so many United States citizens exhibit.

A theme I'm noticing here is fear. BuzzStPoint and Lurkswithin, you guys keep claiming people are afraid. There's fear. Then, when you talk about reasons to own a gun, it boils down to your fear. You claim it's not fear and replace the word fear with worry, but it's still fear. And you're helping to instill it in other people. That's the whole problem with all of this. People are afraid. The guy why was trying to steal someone's uncle's car: afraid of being caught. The gun enthusiast gung ho about protecting their family: afraid another guy with a gun will 'attack his home.' I'm not saying you shouldn't protect your family. I'm saying that fear is prevalent in this issue.

Bottom line: If you have no fear, you have no reason to own a gun. Recreational uses aside.

BuzzStPoint said:
*hands lurkswithin a cold beer*
Code:
'==================================================================='
||                            ___                                  ||
||                          .'   '.                                ||
||                         /       \           oOoOo               ||
||                        |         |       ,==|||||               ||
||                         \       /       _|| |||||               ||
||                          '.___.'    _.-'^|| |||||               ||
||                        __/_______.-'     '==HHHHH               ||
||                   _.-'` /                   """""               ||
||                .-'     /   oOoOo                                ||
||                `-._   / ,==|||||                                ||
||                    '-/._|| |||||                                ||
||                     /  ^|| |||||                                ||
||                    /    '==HHHHH                                ||
||                   /________"""""                                ||
||                   `\       `\                                   ||
||                     \        `\   /                             ||
||                      \         `\/                              ||
||                      /                                          ||
||                     /                                           ||
||                    /_____                                       ||
||                                                                 ||
'==================================================================='

thats ace

root said:
It's crazy, because for all you are preaching about how you are a higher class of citizen because of your ability to actually buy a gun in five minutes rather than five days, you are living in perpetual fear for the life of yourself and your familly incase of some crazy guy with a gun!!

Great minds think alike. Hehe.

Why is it so unrealistic?
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=802515

Are you telling me that removing guns will prevent this teenager from getting a gun? Nope..

The only thing anyone is doing by removing fireams is keeping the Honest and responsible people from owning a gun.

And fear? Thats bull.. I'm afraid of the commute I take to visit my parents 300 miles away on the interstate. I have a greater chance of getting into a car accident then getting shot.. So should we tell everyone that they can only drive 1 hour then have to take a 15 minute3 break?

I'm not instilling fear into people.. More teaching them they as a person that is a citizen of the US you have the right to own a gun. Just as I have the right to free speak my mind about this issue..

You relize if we didn't have the 1st admendment here in the us that we would be here talking about this? No. So why do we have the 1st admendment? Because of people like me who stick up for our rights. The same way I will stick up for our rights to own a gun..

You want a real example..

Long time ago in Wisconsin. When a person was jailed and released, it was law that they were given 1 gold piece and a ride out of town.

people simply stoped doing that on there own. Nobody fought it. And soon the law was removed. Because it was no longer needed. If people dont sitckup for there rights, we will lose them.. And once they are gone, you wont get them back.

Okay.... talking about the first amendment was great. I thought we were talking about the second one. Right. Back on subject. How can you not see that owning a gun for 'protection' is an act of fear? It's a pretty basic concept. Not only are you afraid of other people who might attack you or your family, you are afraid of your right to own said guns being infringed. It is a fear. Period.

Just last year we voted to be able to carry a conceiled weapon. That got turned down. I voted yes to it.. Why? Not to carry conceiled. But to support weapons.. If noone challenged that, the next vote would be to ban Open carry.. If no one challenged that, the next vote would be to ban ownage of weapons. Soon the surrounding states would follow. Then a US law banning weapons.

Where does that stop? Now censorship.. You start taking away rights of people the we are no longer "The Land of the Free" Thats where chaos begins.

We have rules/rights and I obide by them. So because I love to shoot weapons, take the family out teach them about weapons, and have a great afternoon at the the range.. That makes me a Fearfull, irresponsible crazy person? Nope.

I also fear that greenhouse gasses will rasie the temps of the earth and melt the icecaps. That wont make me live on top of a mountain.

I also fear a tornado will rip through my house. that wont make me live under gound.

I also fear walking down the street and getting shot one night.. That didnt' make me go buy a gun.

I went and bought a gun because I have a passion for firearms. I have a love of shooting them.

That makes me a fearfull person?

i can throw knives... about three feet they might not stick but i guess i can "throw" them heck i live in russia i could go out and buy me an ak lol

Theres a perfect term that describes what would happen if you banned weapons..

Bootleggin..
Term Started when Moonshine runners would carry a small bottle of corn hash in there boot.(Bootleggin) They did this because Moon shine was starting to get outlawed.

My grandfather used to make moonshine in his shed when he was yonger. He had plenty of handguns and shotguns.. If someone were about to go into that shed you would hear that beautiful sound. "Click Click" The sound of that pump action.

Now this was not because he was fearfull of getting caught and getting into trouble.. No... It simply the fact that someone is trying to take something away from him that is his...

Same principal. here.. I have my weapons, I like my weapons, I practice good safty and responsibility. I teach my children about weapons, How they are good and bad. And how to use them. I also teach my oldest now that we have a right to own weapons, And when he gets to be old enough he has a right to purchase one as long as he is responsibile and law obiding.

I have the right to carry a weapon on my side where everyone can see it.. Do I do that? No.. Why, Cause I dont need to... If they want to take that away will I fight it? Yes.. Why? Cause I have that right and it shouldn't be taken away from me. Not because there are people out there that will disobey that law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom