iexplore.exe question?

Go to the c:\windows\preefetch folder and empty out the contents of that folder.. do not reboot.. now go to the start>R.click my computer>properties>system restore and check the box to turn off system restore and apply and ok out. Now reboot and run your AV program. Then see if it gets better.

Yeah, do what Lurkswithin says.

This worries me too "i can see iexplore.exe is there twice!". Are you sure though its not Explorer, and iexplorer? Just to be sure?

Lurkswithin answer will probably clear that, if it is iexplorer twice. I don't know anything about that browser object... seems rather horrid.

ok. i have done what you asked lurkswithin. i will post if anything goes wrong again.
i will reformat the beast if it plays up again lol.
woz

now then, i have just uped my ram to 1 gb.
but while looking threw my device manager, i notice under proscessor, it shows TWO p4 3.006 chips! does anyone else have more than one showing?
if i delete one could it be disasterous?
could this be the cause of me having two iexplore.exe showing at times?
woz

I can't help you on that one, woz! I use amd and at the present don't have an intel on my bench to cross reference to. Maybe someone else will step in here on that one.
Sorry!

edit> Woz, there may be two or more explore.exe files on your sytem at any given time this is not necessarily a bad thing in itself as they could be legitimate processes. It is where they are located at within your computer that is the issue. That one in your prefetch files had no business in being there and I suspect it was the bad guy<

yesssss.bmp

hope this sis clear enough
woz

DUHHHHH! Stupid me!.
Woz, You have hyper threading with that system and so it will show up as 2 seperate cpu's.

hyper thread shows up as two cpus!!!!
well i had no idea lol.
that explains it then lol.
cheers lurkswithin :)
woz

Back
Top Bottom