Frozen smilies

kedge

Baseband Member
Hi,

When I post a message on a tagboard with animated smilies they appear frozen on my screen. Other uses say that on their screens the smilies are working fine. Is ther something wrong with my IE browser?

kedge.

All it should use is animated gif's which are used by all modern browsers and versions.

What browser are you using? If its Internet Explorer, open it, and go to Help, About. What version does it say? You should have version 6 now if its the newest. Any other browser should be able to be checked the same sort of way.

If you have an older version, we can escourt you to a newer one.

I hope this helps :)

I have I.E. 6. The problem has only just happened as it was fine before.

Hmm...weird...

Okay, I might have the soloution.

Open IE and go to Tools, Internet Options. From here, go to the Advanced tab.

Go down the list, and under animations, tick the 'Play Animations in webpages' box.

If other things were changed, you could also press 'Restore to Defaults' which would reset it to how it was when you first got the browser, which would have this ticked.

Finally, just press Apply, and Okay, and then restart the browser and you should be done!

I hope this helps :)

you might check your settings and see if you have aloowed animated gifs and if you recently downloaded a patch from microsoft it might have disabled them...

No probs :)

Welcome to CF by the way, and I hope you stay with us! Anymore problems, and were right here to help :)

Back
Top Bottom