Partition questions

northwings

Baseband Member
Hello I have a computer with an 80 gig and a 160 gig hard drive, and I want to partition them all into 40 gig segments, how would I do that ?

Well, if you are planning on reinstalling Windows, just use the install CD to do the partitions. There is a section where you can create however many partitions you want near the beginning of the installation.

Yeah, its not a free program though, but stops you having to reformat the drives if data are on them (though it suggests you back up anyway)

Though installing using the Windows CD, with thwe 160GB drive, you'd end up with 4 windows installations on 4 seperate partitions. But you could get around this by first doing that, and then finding C. You could then use the Disk Manager to format the other 3, making them blank and ready for use.

I hope this helps :)

Yeah, I've heard partition magic is a great program for doing that kind of stuff. Its better than having to start from scratch again, definitely :)

Oh, I didn't know you could partition or increase/Decrease partitions from Disk Management.
Can you? :D

EDIT: i just checked mine though, and it seems to only allow to Format, and to change drive paths and letters :(

Back
Top Bottom